close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BREAKING: Biden Suggests Executive Order

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LockHavenYellow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. skorper

skorper harborrat

Ok. I hope this is true. Meanwhile, Obama/Biden, who have already stated that all options are on the table, are having a brainstorming session.

The questions they are asking should be the questions we should be asking. How far can we go with this Executive Order thing?...What are ways that we can do this without making our guys look bad? What about the BATF? What moves do we want Holder to make? Etc...

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

They simply do not have Carte Blanche to do as they please.they may take liberties with the system, but it is a well-built system. There are checks and balances built in. I wish people would stop wailing about the sky falling and use the system to assert their rights. Eric

3. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

What makes you think people are not engaged and working to use the system? Simply because people are expressing concern, it doesn't mean they are not actively engaged as well. I have already posted elsewhere the steps that I've taken and encouraged others to get involved as well.

All that does not mean that this president isn't going to ram his agenda through in some form.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. AA_Khost

AA_Khost Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  5. skorper

skorper harborrat

Agreed.

To get into their thought process and decipher their possible plans of action may be a good start.

The next step obviously would be to figure out how we may use the system to counter these efforts. Asserting our rights is all well and good, but to be prepared for any possible eventualities is a good thing.

6. Eric

Whatever, man. We will see how things turn out. Eric

7. meathead19

meathead19

NOTHING is off the table with this regime.

You write/seem like a smart man, don't be fooled.

8. Z71bill

Z71bill

I can see Obama going for a double EO.

Tell his new treasury secretary to jack up the debt ceiling to $20 trillion - have the BATF declare a long list of guns & magazines over X rounds as not legal to sell.

It will take a few years to get through the courts - even if they eventually lose they still declare victory because they just blame someone else - NRA, activist courts, GOP.

It some ways an EO would give dems up for reelection some cover -

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  9. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Not sure what you mean by the dismissive "whatever" part. However, we will indeed see how this plays out. I've posted a copy of my letters sent, called reps today with a coworker who did the same, paid for 2 more NRA memberships for family members, etc. So yes, I am engaged in the fight. However, this potus fully intends to get this long desired liberal agenda item to reality.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. Eric

I am a smart man and I have my eyes wide open. I also have my ears and my mind open. I am not going to cloud my thoughts with pointless panic, or with baseless conspiracy theories.

I love this country and I believe in it. The US may be experiencing troubled times, but this nation is larger than any one man or one administration. Firearms owners & enthusiasts is probably the single biggest special interest group in the nation. If we cannot come together and protect those rights within the law, we don't deserve them. Eric

11. Eric

What I meant by the whatever is that I do not intend to indulge in a pointless ideological/political discussion. The current president can plan whatever he likes, but I will say again that this nation is bigger than any one man, or one administration. Eric

12. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

No tin foil hat necessary. I am praying for the safety of all the justices who signed onto the majority opinions in the Heller and McDonald cases daily. I do consider them to be at very great risk right now.

13. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

It was sarcasm.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Best post I've ever read on GT :)

15. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

With executive-order, Obama banned the import of rifle-barrels in parts kits. No one in congress seemed to notice or care, but it caused a shortage in the AK world, driving down supply and driving up price. That was not nearly as overt as this will be. He could conceivable stop ALL arms imports, turning shipments back at the docks. I think he might be able to get the ATF to import the log books of the FFLs into their database. I'm not sure what he might do with ammo, but again imports would be enough to cripple the gun market for a long while (at least from a recreational shooter's perspective).

16. 2bgop

2bgop

Oh, in that case, that was damn funny.

17. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Just a hunch, but if I had to guess I'd say nobody on Congress seemed to notice or care about that because they were either 1) anti-gun anyway, or 2) see it as a good thing for the domestic manufacturers. Same reason why there wasn't a lot of fuss raised (except by the little people) when Clinton issued an executive order having thousands of surplus 1911's destroyed. Colt, Springfield, Ruger, etc., and the NRA want you to buy a new gun made in the USA in their factories, not a low-priced surplus piece or eastern-bloc import, and I don't blame them. I don't agree, but I don't blame them.

18. JimBean

JimBean

That is what might be concluded from this. If they had the votes, they wouldn't need to parade the issue any further.
    Real political power would have been getting a bill passed immediately. There has been a bunch of barking and no biting. The antigun fools don't have power many seem to be brainwashed into believing. The cowardly dictator in the WH and his entourage are trying their best to put on a show.

19. noway

noway

i like how the gun owners themselves are making this bigger than what it is , and running around like jack rabbits claiming the end of days. Just comical

:rofl:

Yo do know the federal gov has not lin acted martial law, in like what over 50+ year ago or if iirc, since Pearl Harbor. A shooting in Sandy Hook of 20 kids 6 adults 9 as sad as that could be ) or fiscal crisis , is not cause for martial or marshall law.

We all need to stop feeding towards the panic and fears harboring that we are doing to our own selves.

20. noway

noway

agreed....

And on the poster that posted he signed EOs banning guns or parts or whatever, during his 1st term,

Here's the list of the EOs that has been signed by POTUS since his term up to dec 2012;

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/obama.html

You should scan thru them, before spitting out nonsense.