close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BREAKING: Biden Suggests Executive Order

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LockHavenYellow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. LockHavenYellow

LockHavenYellow Flyin' Low

Fox News: "BREAKING NEWS: Vice President Joe Biden says President Obama could use executive action -- and bypass Congress -- to toughen gun control laws."

Welp, it's over. :faint:

Tyranny.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

3. fgutie35

fgutie35

It sounds like he got schooled by the NRA and now he is going back crying to his older brother stick up for him.:rofl:

4. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Good grief. If I hear one person say 'Well, it is over', before it has even properly begun, I am going to kick someone's cat. Nothing has been decided. Hell, nothing has really even been proposed yet. Perhaps we can wait to yelp and gnash our teeth until something of substance has actually happened.

We are NOT simply a bunch of children waiting for daddy to punish us for some transgression. Aside from the fact that we have done nothing wrong, we are adult Americans with rights and with a considerable amount of political juice on our side. We also, every one of us, have some muscle of our own to flex. Write letters. Let your political officials know how one of their voters feel and DON'T do it with a form letter. If you were in their place, would you bother to read a form letter? Tell them how you feel, in your own words.

Let's not abandon the ship just yet.

5. nmk

nmk

:rofl:

People are looking at me...

6. LockHavenYellow

Kick all the cats you want; I hate cats.

If you don't think that this government is hellbent on sealing this forever, I'd love to have a pint - or a truckload - of whatever you're having.

Further, to think that politicians give a red cent about what we citizens want is nothing short of naive.

But kudos on being an optimist. :wavey:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  7. Sharkey

Sharkey

Exec. action was the term used and he was speaking to "gun victims". Interesting phrasing right? Gotta rule by fiat when the constitution is in the way. I am sure he learned that from Alinsky.

8. Eric

If you want to roll over and show your belly, more power to you. We are not powerless. If we were, we would be, I don't know, French. We are Americans and we have rights. Exercise those rights or lose them. Eric

9. LockHavenYellow

My comments have been misunderstood - I'm not admitting defeat. I'm pointing out the fact that the government has jumped the shark and they've clearly decided to tyrannically overstep their power and force us into a whole new realm of fighting for our freedoms.

10. Little Joe

Little Joe

You might as well go hang yourself now.

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Finally, some sense in this argument.

Our saving grace, might be the nations fiscal crisis. They're going to have their hands full with that one, and I'm not sure they can fit gun control (which will no doubt be very contentious debate) into the session.

IGF

12. LockHavenYellow

You understand that an executive order bypasses congress, correct?

13. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

You understand that an executive order has a very limited scope in what it can do, right?

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

14. Eric

Everything they do has to stand up to scrutiny. To judicial review. The checks and balances built into our constitution work. Obama can't simply pull a rabbit out of his hat and shove it up our collective ***. This nation doesn't work that way.

Keep in mind too that while Obama may not have to worry too much about losing political capital now, but all those other democrats surrounding him would probably like to avoid losing their seat at the pork barrel. Most of those career pols are not going to commit career hari-kari for the Big O. The flip-side of this being Obama's last term means that he will have nothing to offer those career pols(Including political protection), come the next election. They will be on their own. Eric

15. LockHavenYellow

Yes, I do. But when you have Eric Holder in on gun control negotiations, they've pretty much sent the message that they don't care one lick about laws/orders. They'll make it happen regardless from their perspective.

16. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I've often pictured Eric looking like this, but with a bigger head.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfdbcG0BTSk"]Rambo First Blood: Nothing is Over! Speech - YouTube[/ame]

17. LockHavenYellow

Wouldn't it be convenient if a SCOTUS justice was replaced by a new, democratic justice? Will take a long time, but it's a thought/possibility.

And yes, I placed my tin foil hat on my head while typing this.

18. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

The 'fiscal crisis' has been engineered and will become the 'national crisis' necessary to push marshall law through. Marshall law is the shortest, quickest way to confiscation for them. There must be a 'national crisis' to suspend 'posse comitatus', first.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  19. G21

G21 Millennium Member

Good point, it's true that Obama may be in "nothing to lose" mode in his second term, but there are a whole lot of democrats (and Republicans) that are worried about re-election. The post-94 elections are not forgotten....

20. Eric

This is twice in one thread, but good grief. Some of you guys should write political thrillers, or take Lithium, or both. Eric

BTW, it is Martial Law.