close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Breaking Bad. Anyone watch this?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Stuntman22, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Stuntman22

Stuntman22 Retired

I am home nursing an injury. Watching more TV than a human should be allowed to.

My buddy told me about a show on Netflix called Breaking Bad.

Its about a High School Chemistry Teacher who finds out he has lung cancer and he has a child on the way and a Handicapped son with a case of CP. He lives from check to check on a teachers salary.
    His brother in law is a DEA Agent.

He hooks up with one of his previous stoner students and provides his Chemistry know how to cook the purest Crystal Meth. He does this to provide for his struggling family before he kicks off.

The show is friggin amazing. Riviting...I cant stop watching it. The writers are outstanding and the acting is great. It's a little twisted with dark humor and very adult situations but you cant stop watching.

I dont get to watch much television (Thats funny because I work in television) but being home and finding this is like striking gold.

If you have netflix or feel like investing 8 bucks a month to watch a great show, you should check it out.

Has anyone seen it? Like it? Hate it?

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

It's one of the best shows on TV. The writing, casting, and acting are top notch. Wait til you see what happens!

3. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

I've never seen the show.

I got 'into' "Hell On Wheels" and have watched "Mad Men" since day one.

Something about 'glorifying' the drug 'market' just doesn't 'float my boat'.

YMMV.

4. Wyatt Derp

Wyatt Derp

One of the best shows ever made. I don't watch a lot of TV, but after the first 5 minutes on Netflix, I was hooked on Breaking Bad. There's something about watching shows with no commercials and being able to watch one after the other. You're able to get into them much more than waiting a week for a new episode.
    Also, if you like that show, check out the Wire. and if you're in the mood to laugh check Trailer Park Boys, Arrested Development.

5. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

Best Show On TV !!!!

where are you at..Season 1 or later ... iirc it is about 4 seasons old or so. I really got religious w/it after season 2.. Also I hate TV !!! rarely watch anything on it outside of stuff like NatGeo, MILITARY Channel, Sci, CNBC. SPEED .. etc..so that says something about it.

I have 3 massive LED TV's and A full HD pkj ...and never turn them on ...except for some Xbox MW3 time..

1)Breaking Bad (My favorite)
    2)Walking Dead....(wifes favorite)
    3) Family Guy..:supergrin: (Family favorite)

6. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

ITS AMAZING!!!!!

You need to watch through the last season - its just unreal!!!!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  7. woodasptim

woodasptim

It's obvious that you've never seen the show if you think it 'glorifies' the drug 'market' :wavey:

8. Stuntman22

Stuntman22 Retired

hello

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  9. lightsareout

lightsareout

really good show, netflix only has seasons 1-3, you'll want to watch 4 on amazon or some other way because you'll be hooked to see what happens!

10. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

11. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

It doesn't glorify the drug market.

If anything, it shows what a bad choice it is to become involved in it.

It's about making bad choices. It watching mistakes multiply, when everything that can go wrong, does.

The downward spiral. Parallels to the Coen Bros "Fargo". In fact the Bros gave their blessing to Vince Gilligan and are fans.

If everyone felt that way about criminals and similarly missed the context, there would have been no Godfather or The Sopranos.

or SOA. Etc.

Or a million other things on TV. There's a difference between describing something and advocating it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  12. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

I need to catch up on it. I've watched a lot of them. Its an amazing series. One of the best.

13. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

No, everyone on here hates it almost as much as The Walking Dead. Unabashed drivel.

14. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

It is a great show. Only the first 3 seasons are available on Netflix, but you can get the 4th season on Amazon if you don't mind paying for it. All 4 seasons are great.

15. MedicOni

MedicOni

Torrents are a wonderful thing. I just finished watching all the episodes at work while we're posting and I like it. Rather amusing for me since it's filmed here in ABQ and I recognize a lot of the landmarks

16. alexcc

alexcc

It's brilliant. It's one of the few shows that (IMO) gets better as the seasons progress. So many other shows have a great first season and then get so drawn out.

I can't wait for season 5!

17. rahrah12

rahrah12

Great show...something a little different.

I think I heard that it will be ending soon. One or two more seasons...

18. bwphoto

bwphoto Lifetime Member

Love it. Which is good, because I watched all four seasons in less than a week this past summer. Then showed it to a friend when I was visiting his place for Thanksgiving - watched through the first two seasons, again. THEN again when my brother was visiting for Christmas - saw the first season and a half.

I'm going to start telling new people about it when I'm on my way out the door. And by season 4, if you thought you might've wanted to sling meth, you won't. Definitely no glory.

19. spritefiend

spritefiend

seen it and love it!

20. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I started watching it some months ago. I never got through the first show. Like I don't feel like watching a bunch of dopers.

Since everyone thinks it's such a good show I may give it another try.