GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Does Glock take a regular 17 and make it into a cutaway or are they manufactured as a cutaway from the git go? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
The other item I've seen, only online, and would be quite interested in, is the non-firing transparent Glock frame that was, I think, at one of the SHOT Shows-- used as a demo. I believe they also have them being replicated over in Pakistan or somewhere, meaning it may never be shipped in to the US due to customs/issues. But it's a really neat concept and would look really nice with a full Glock Slide on top. I believe it was a "Timberwolf" Frame and was used for demonstration of some sort. Anyone have insight into this? I think it would be a cool collectable. When I researched it a year or so ago, I believe it was stated that the type of plastic used for that could not withstand the pressures or bending of the frame as firing occurred. However, this being the case, I'll bet that the Glock 44 wasn't out yet, and that has significantly lower pressures when firing, and likely would be ok for not only casual use but for demos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
There are 2 great 17L's LA. Since I have dubbed you the "L" king wouldn't those be much better for you. Two cut-aways seems like overkill!
Haha, maybe you're right... It's just a cut up hunk of junk. $3000?!

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Anyone ever seen the winner bid on high end Glocks before?

Screenshot_20201008-170525_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
All I can say is wow. That guy/gal REALLY wanted that cutaway pistol. The seller who looks to have some cool Glock stuff has to be stoked right now. Honestly, I was thinking 4k on it. Went for way more than I predicted. Well ok then. Should make you happy GH and PT?

·
Registered
301 Posts
All I can say is wow. That guy/gal REALLY wanted that cutaway pistol. The seller who looks to have some cool Glock stuff has to be stoked right now. Honestly, I was thinking 4k on it. Went for way more than I predicted. Well ok then. Should make you happy GH and PT?
I was hoping no more than 5k, oh well have to hope for a pawnshop find. That would have made my Gen1 series complete!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fishboy, I'm curious. What all do you have in your Gen 1 "series" to where the cutaway is all you need to complete it? In other words, what makes a Gen 1 series or collection complete in your mind? I have just recently began collecting and trying to figure out what I need to start looking out for.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I was really REALLY tempted to go in on it cause who else would have consecutive pairs???

If money were no object I think I'd have gone to $10k given how rare these are. But, sadly, I haven't won the lottery yet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Fishboy, I'm curious. What all do you have in your Gen 1 "series" to where the cutaway is all you need to complete it? In other words, what makes a Gen 1 series or collection complete in your mind? I have just recently began collecting and trying to figure out what I need to start looking out for.
PM sent

·
Registered
322 Posts
That was a very humble and kind answer.Which really means Fishboy556 is in a all out WAR with glockhoarder.To become King of all things Glock....Just having some fun Fishboy556. I lost out on the bidding for the Gen 1 Cutaway today just trying to have a little fun......

·
Registered
301 Posts
Th
That was a very humble and kind answer.Which really means Fishboy556 is in a all out WAR with glockhoarder.To become King of all things Glock....Just having some fun Fishboy556. I lost out on the bidding for the Gen 1 Cutaway today just trying to have a little fun......
That was a battle, cereal killer wanted it more! I was afraid I was getting it a bidding war that wouldn't end with you two.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts