Break Out The Popcorn--Gen 1 17 Cutaway

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by L.A.Tactical, Sep 24, 2020.

1. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879787983

Good solid listing with lots of pics and no reserve or buy now so we'll get a good idea what it's worth. I purchased number 103 (next after this one) from Rock Island earlier this year along with a Gen 2 19 Cutaway and the total price with all their fees was just under $7500. So prices I paid would depend on what you think a Gen 2 19 is worth... but I still expect this to go pretty high!

2. mtstream

mtstream

Same seller I just bought the Gen1 17L from. Super nice guy with a very large collection.

glockhoarder, Adam4 and L.A.Tactical like this.

3. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JQ102. Two away from mine. AMAZING, AMAZING gun - and with the box!! HOLY COW!

I'm WAAAAY behind on the forum due to recent events. I'll catch up over the next few days.

Adam4 likes this.
  4. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

5. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

6. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Sorry for all of the extraneous stuff in my pics.

The pics on GB stopped working well on my phone a while ago. I used to be able to click on them and enlarge them. Now, this does not work.

7. patcrad

patcrad

Meh, who wants to pay that much for a non-firing desk ornament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trench Sweeper and orangejeep06 like this.
  8. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

Same seller has a firing Gen 1 17 for sale also.

9. fflpro

fflpro

Agree that it would appear that firing solutions are better than non-firing ones. But given the fact that Glock has had their share of interesting solutions - the 17R, the 17P, and even the Plastic models used for training, they have come and gone, and are highly collectible!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Adam4 and glockhoarder like this.
  10. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

*** Edited by Moderator to remove Quoted post ***

I think they changed the way it does it. But now, if you tap a photo once, it brings up the the expanded view. In the past, you had to pinch to zoom, now that will do an extreme zoom and not allow you to reset the zoomed area. But if you only use one finger, it will zoom itself and then let you move that around. Ask me how long it took to figure that out...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2020
    DJ Niner likes this.
  11. fflpro

fflpro

During all my years of collecting, I have never come across a 19 Gen1, yet I've heard of this elusive beast. Do all the major collectors actually have them in the safes? Are there still some floating around?

Adam4, Fishboy556 and L.A.Tactical like this.
  12. fflpro

fflpro

The other item I've seen, only online, and would be quite interested in, is the non-firing transparent Glock frame that was, I think, at one of the SHOT Shows-- used as a demo. I believe they also have them being replicated over in Pakistan or somewhere, meaning it may never be shipped in to the US due to customs/issues. But it's a really neat concept and would look really nice with a full Glock Slide on top. I believe it was a "Timberwolf" Frame and was used for demonstration of some sort. Anyone have insight into this? I think it would be a cool collectable. When I researched it a year or so ago, I believe it was stated that the type of plastic used for that could not withstand the pressures or bending of the frame as firing occurred. However, this being the case, I'll bet that the Glock 44 wasn't out yet, and that has significantly lower pressures when firing, and likely would be ok for not only casual use but for demos.

13. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

Most recent lucky bastard:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/my-newest-acquisition-gen1-19.1851764/

Not all of us have them, but about ten or so have been accounted for amongst the forum members. (Also, no offense Fish--we love you--we're just jealous).

DJ Niner, professor309, Adam4 and 3 others like this.
  14. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

I'm not at all upset, I strongly agree I'm a lucky bastard. It's awful to say but every since I've owned it, a day hasn't! gone by that it hasn't made me smile!

15. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

I have corresponded a good bit with the seller. Super guy. He said that there will be more to come. He's spent a long time collecting these.

Adam4 likes this.
  16. fflpro

fflpro

Funny thing when one is at the Glock Armorer's courses - mostly Police folks there, although we do get some GSSF and others occasionally. Many are on the lookout for Gen1's and would love to get them (some even carried them in the day and wished they had bought them when they retired or their dept changed to a new type), but then there's that pesky thing that most of the Gen1's cost a bit more than a Blue Gun. haha. When folks query what they can get it for, they are often shocked, even when I explain how one's cost to acquire typically affects the final value. lol.

17. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

I have a Droid. If I hit it once the image appears but the same size. When I try to zoom it does not work properly. It was perfect until a few months ago. Ugh

18. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Just awesome to hear. As it should!! Having the desired effect. What a magnificent piece of history. So happy for you!!!

Adam4 likes this.
  19. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

You have such great guns. It's a bummer that you've not been on this forum. Would have been great to have had you here over the years.

20. premiertactical

premiertactical

Your DE Prefix Glock 17. Is that the original label?