GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Why so serious?
65,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALDI now carries their own line of keto friendly bread, both Whole wheat and Multi-grain offerings.

I tried the multi-grain today, toasts better than the Thinslim bread I've been buying off Amazon. It's also much cheaper.

All the best

@G30SF/F-250

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,587 Posts
Tha
ALDI now carries their own line of keto friendly bread, both Whole wheat and Multi-grain offerings.

I tried the multi-grain today, toasts better than the Thinslim bread I've been buying off Amazon. It's also much cheaper.

All the best

@G30SF/F-250

Thanks for he heads up, I'll tell my wife.

Reactions: TBO

·
Why so serious?
65,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: G30SF/F-250

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,587 Posts
Chaffles are simple & very good.

Wife says she knows of those breads, but they aren't real keto as advertised, they are just low carb. So if you are on low carb diet they will work for you, but if you are on keto, you should stay away.

·
Director of civil unrest
9,249 Posts
Just like every replacement for any delicious food, I seriously doubt this tastes anything like bread.
Once you've had the real thing, there ain't no replacement!

·
Pinky Out
59,155 Posts
Wife says she knows of those breads, but they aren't real keto as advertised, they are just low carb. So if you are on low carb diet they will work for you, but if you are on keto, you should stay away.
There is Keto and Dirty Keto

Both are good but different.

·
Why so serious?
65,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Chaffles are Keto.

If you are referring to the ALDI bread, they label it as KETO friendly.

STRICT Keto folks would agree with you in principle, just to ride the hard line edge.

As mentioned above, if doing dirty Keto it's totally fine.

I never eat more than 2 slices of Keto bread on any regular day (rare exceptions for camping/hunting/etc).

Keto breads are a God send to Keto/Low-Carb folks (as with anything, used reasonably).

Sincerely

·
Why so serious?
65,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
26,568 Posts
Amazing. I wonder how they did that.

·
Registered
798 Posts

All the best

@G30SF/F-250

Carol loves ALDI's "whole wheat", but only buys enough for herself because I didn't like it at all. I'd rather do without bread altogether. However, she makes these AWESOME, keto-friendly cheesy-bread buns and they NEVER hang around long after she does because i treat them like bread (sandwiches, hamburger buns and such)... I'll ask her for the recipe... All I do know is that they're made with "almond flour" and grated cheddar. She's the chief cook, I'm the bottle-washer. ;)
For a "low carb" (not keto) bread substitute, there is always "Carb Balance" tortillas made by Mission.

·
Why so serious?
65,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Carol loves ALDI's "whole wheat", but only buys enough for herself because I didn't like it at all. I'd rather do without bread altogether. However, she makes these AWESOME, keto-friendly cheesy-bread buns and they NEVER hang around long after she does because i treat them like bread (sandwiches, hamburger buns and such)... I'll ask her for the recipe... All I do know is that they're made with "almond flour" and grated cheddar. She's the chief cook, I'm the bottle-washer. ;)
I bake Keto bread myself, but it's nice to have a quick pickup option.

Reactions: Glock&Spiel

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have had their Keto bread. It tasted fine to me. That was last year. I have not been able to find it lately. Maybe I shall head back there next week and see if they have it in stock. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Mountain Man
6,860 Posts
I love Aldi's but the nearest one to me is something close to four hours away...

I shop at an Aldi's that is close to six hours away a few times a year.

·
Registered
76,094 Posts

All the best

@G30SF/F-250

Thanks TBO!!!

This stuff?

Reactions: Glock&Spiel and TBO
1 - 20 of 33 Posts