close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

brass ejecting to left??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ponders, Aug 12, 2012.

1. ponders

ponders

well after buying a brand new in box gen 3 g19 serial SGZ###, i get brass flying to the left,,, never seen this before,,, and yes its to the LEFT over the gun :faint:

i have no experience with glock CS and will call glock tommarow and if i send it....

1, odds of fixing it right the first time around?

2. how long can i expect to wait for the return?

3. i have aftermarket warren tactical sights on it what happens to them if the have to replace the gun?:steamed:

4. after market ghost trigger connecter, will they replace that with stock?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

Look at some other threads with extractor issues

3. PAGunner

PAGunner

Nobody will be able to give you a firm answer. Sometimes a part swap is all that is needed, sometimes people send Glock the gun 3x with no fix, so it's tough to. Say. If it were me and my gun I'd try to fix it myself first personally, I feel like the odds of me fixing it are better than the odds of Joe Schmoe who doesn't give a tiddley wink if my gun isn't running right or not.

4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

I have a G19 Gen3 that ejects left, right and straight back at me. It has been back to Glock twice and all they say is it is within spec.
    Have another G19 Gen3 that ejects like it should, the first one is now a range gun the other is for carry. :steamed:

5. MikeG36

MikeG36

Well at least they're not hitting your forehead. :whistling:

Check for a bent ejector.

6. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

stop holding it like this

[​IMG]

:rofl:

7. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Do one of 2 things-send it to glock, they will most likely put a new extractor in it and whatever else it needs. OR-
    - find a non-dip extractor, install yourself, simple install.
    I had pretty bad left/left foward ejection from my 19, its a stovepipe waiting to happen.
    Shot about 500 rounds last weekend, another 400 or so today. So far, ejection is considerably better, not one malfunction, still a few brass to face(a few per 500 now instead of a few per mag), today had one eject back left(again, went from a few per mag to 1 in close to 1000).
    Can't say if it will fix it for you or not, but its your best bet.
    So far its fixed my issues 99%.
    If you send it to glock with aftermarket parts, leave a note saying you want the parts sent back with the gun if they are replaced, just in case.

8. ponders

ponders

If you send it to glock with aftermarket parts, leave a note saying you want the parts sent back with the gun if they are replaced, just in case.[/QUOTE]

yup leave it to glock to steal my aftermartket stuff even if i leave a note they will claim "we didnt see it" so some jerk can make off with my 100 dollar set of sights:faint:

NOT saying that WILL happen BUT you never now:wavey:

9. ponders

ponders

yes they are:wavey: and i have not gunsmithing experience so i wouldnt know if my ejector is bent as it came curved around like that from the factory

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  10. ponders

ponders

just got off the phone with glock... that was absolutely THE WORST CS i have ever had, they guy sounded like he didnt even care and sounded like he was preoccupied and had better things to do

more or less "i dont care fix it yourself" is what i gathered from him,,,

i may just stick with smith and sell this pile of garbage:steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed:

11. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

No! Don't do something stupid, and needlessly expensive, like sending your 3rd generation G-19 back to Smyrna. It's an extractor issue; and you don't need a, 'factory monkey' in order to fix something like that.

Without getting all technical on ya, or asking a lot of questions, and taking a lot of guesses, all I'm going to say is call around and locate either a #2 extractor, or else one of the most brand new and latest issued extractors you can find. I think you'll do yourself a lot of good if you're able to get that new extractor polished, too. (A local gunsmith with a Dremel Tool should be able to help you with this.)

If you want to be on the safe side, buy a couple of new SLB's (schematic part #14) and a couple of EDP springs (schematic part #13) while you're at it, and install them along with the new extractor. After you find an

extractor that works, purchase another one to keep as a spare.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=858/schematicsdetail/Models-17-39

Finally, read ALL of the stickie at the top of the General Glocking section. When you're done you'll know everything you never really wanted to know about Glock extractors and ejection issues! :supergrin:

HERE: I'll save you some time. Start reading from this point on -

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1402990&page=8

12. Andy W

Andy W

How is it even possible for brass to eject to the left?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. ElrodCod

ElrodCod

I put the new Gen 4 ejector and a new non-dipped extractor in my problematic Gen 3 G-19. Now it'll eject high from 4 to 6 o'clock well over my head. Not perfect but I haven't had any to the face or the wierd left ejection. The ones going left are a real problem (IMO) because that means the brass is bouncing around before it gets out of the gun. Those are stoppages waiting to happen.

14. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

It would seem to defy physics, wouldn't it? And yet OP's is not the only report. Serious amount of English on the casing?

15. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

This too would be my recommendation,it's not that difficult even with no prior experience. SJ 40

16. ElrodCod

ElrodCod

My guess is that it starts out going to the right but hits the lower edge of the ejection port & bounces out to the left. Most of the brass from problem guns will have a good sized ding on them near the case mouth.

17. ponders

ponders

well i took it to the local gun shop here in Minot, and i stood there and waited 40 minutes for him to come back from lunch and when he finally did come back he said he wanted to file my 336 peice (get the extractor and ejector confused:embarassed:) i told him no,

but throughout the whole 30 second conversation i got the same *****ty service glock gave me on the phone,:steamed:

oh well it will sit in my closet and rot

18. Andy W

Andy W

I'm not doubting it happens but it's a really strange problem. It does seem like it should be physically impossible. If it starts happening to my G22 gen 4 I'm gonna take it back to the gun shop and trade it for an XDm.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. tonyparson

tonyparson

You can get the extractor you need on eBay for under $20 and fix it yourself.. :thumbsup:

20. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

The extractor is losing control of the brass as it passes over the magazine. The top round in the mag can push the brass out from under the extractor if there isn't enough "bite" on it. Once that happens the brass can end up going anywhere including stove piping.