brass ejecting backwards

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by wunder9, Oct 1, 2005.

1. wunder9

wunder9

Got a problem with G-19 ejecting brass backwards into my face. I'm sure this was discussed before but I cant find the threads with search function.

I'm sure I'm not limp-wristing and this happens with both fmj reloads and factory loads. Any advice how to fix this? Thanks

2. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

Hi W9. Has it ejected brass into your face since new? And is the G19 clean and have all stock Glock components?

Low pressure rounds, grungy extractor, and aftermarket recoil springs can cause the problem; discounting limp wrists.

3. wunder9

wunder9

Yup its been doing that since I bought it. All internals are original glock and very clean. I replaced the orig non-captive guide rod/spring with glock captive spring/rod but no change.

4. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

Whew. Non captive recoil rods haven't been used here since the 1st gen guns. Since you have the non captive rod, try a lighter recoil spring--15# springs work well for me.

5. vega

vega

Easy fix, move your head out of the way.;)
    Are you ready to mess a little with the ejector? It takes a little filing if all else fails.

vega

6. wunder9

wunder9

vega,

Are there any online instructions around how to file the ejector? How is it done?

I've had hot brass fall between my face and glasses several times and it stung. Started wearing baseball cap to avoid hot brass but still makes me flinch.

7. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Have you tried asking somebody to shoot your gun and see if the same problem occurs?

8. tigra

tigra

naku, baka naman pang hip-shot lang yung G19 mo;f ;f ;f

w9, joke lang ha;Y

9. vega

vega

Try what mc_o suggested first but don't let him file it for you.;)
    The side of the ejector facing the port should be filed a little so that it would have an angle about 45 degrees facing the port. A little hard for me to explain in English and Tagalog but maybe mc_o knows what I'm talking about. Remember, just take out a little at a time so that means you have to do it in the range. Don't use dremmel. Good luck.

vega

10. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

It's a bit difficult to file on a glock ejector because unlike 1911 ejectors that are wide, the ones in glocks are relatively pointed. I'd like to think your problem is shooter induced since this isn't the first post I've read about this sort of problem. Sama ka sa future funshoots namin so we can see the problem up-close. ;)

11. vega

vega

mc_o is right, it's been a long time since I handle a glock, nakalimutan ko na yung korte ng ejector. I was basing it on 1911 and XD. Di bale this coming Sunday I will get my G22. try to join the fun shoots.

vega

12. wunder9

wunder9

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm sure it's not my shooting that's causing the brass to fly backwards. I use a very firm hold on this g-19, same with my g-26 which ejects brass normally.

13. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Inspect your ejector carefully. Could be bent too much towards the centerline of the pistol such that its tip contacts/pushes the shell at its middle portion below the primer hole. This set up could cause your gun to eject empties towards the shooter. The ejector tip should contact/push the empties a little to the left of the primer hole to eject it sideways to the right.