Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I joined the ranks of proud Glock owners a few days ago when I bought my first one, a Glock 27. :supergrin: I debated for quite a while between the XD Subcompact .40 or the Glock 27 and finally settled on the Glock. My main reasons were:

- Longer track record than XD
- A little easier to conceal
- Lighter than the XD
- Support and accessories galore!

So what initial must have accessories would you suggest? I've already gotten the Pearce grip extension. I think my next purchases will be a couple of Glock 22 mags with sleeves to fit the 27, and a plug for the space at the bottom of the grip.

I'd also like to switch the mag release to a sliding button, but I'm afraid it will void my life-time warranty. Anyone know?

One more question: The Pearce grip extension said it adds the ability to fit one more .40 cal round in the magazine. I put the round in, but MAN is it in there tight! Does anyone know if this will compress the mag spring too much and wear it out? Is it really ok to put another round in there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Life time warranty? I have a G23 and thought it was a one-year warranty. I'll check my owner manual again, but I just got my first Glock, my first gun ever, three months ago so don't have much experience with Glock yet. Thankfully don't have ANY experience with their customer service yet.

The plug is a definite must have. Of course SD rounds and some plinking rounds, I use PMC Bronze and American Eagle for plinking. Only other thing I can think is holster or two and an extra mag or two. I have a leather conceal holster and a nylon holster with mag pouch for open carry.

Edit: Most of the nylon holsters with mag pouches, you have to stretch the mag pouch out for the Glock mag. Quite a bit. I did it just by keeping the mag in there for a while, then repeatedly taking it in and out of the pouch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. So what's the service like at Glock? The other gun I own is a Kel-Tec. If anything on that gun breaks through normal wear, they'll repair it and ship it back to you for free. You just have to pay shipping to get it to them.

Does Glock offer anything similar? I know Kel-Tecs are more likely to break than Glocks, but that aside...

·
Banned
186 Posts
Excellent gun woudn't be my first choice unless you have your CCL ,but .40 cal as everyone knows is my caliber and the 27 is an amazing gun!!! I would recommend 2 Pierce products the plug for the bottom....it is a debate but it does keep dust out of places it does not need to be and being you got the 27 def a mag extension or 20 lol....I personally have hogue slip on grips on my glocks....just something that works good for me!!! Enjoy your Glock their great and keep it CLEAN!!! p.s. and a couple packs of Self Defense ammo Personally Remmington Bonded Golden Sabers 180 grain is what I use...but it is whatever you shoot best!!! HAPPY GLOCKING!! Sorry Just saw you got the Pierce Products get the plug too!!! Yes it will void your warranty and do not put any kind of safety or extended mag release or anything aftermarket like that on you new Glock!!More than anything this will make your g-27 malfunction, as far as parts DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THEM!! glocks stock are perfect and from what I have read (about the after market mag releases and safeties)they do more harm then good. Also polished barrells look good!!! do a search on them!!! If the mag says 10 put 10 anymore will result in a malfunction when normally it never would!!! NEVER put more ammo than the magazine says!!!

·
Banned
186 Posts
OK. So what's the service like at Glock? The other gun I own is a Kel-Tec. If anything on that gun breaks through normal wear, they'll repair it and ship it back to you for free. You just have to pay shipping to get it to them.

Does Glock offer anything similar? I know Kel-Tecs are more likely to break than Glocks, but that aside...
It sounds like its exactly the same as Kel Tec, I have sent my 27 off once. I paid shipping and paid for what I wanted done and they mailed it right back it wasnt for a defect though....dont you know Glocks do not malfunction??? joking but they are tough!!!

·
Banned
6,432 Posts
I joined the ranks of proud Glock owners a few days ago when I bought my first one, a Glock 27. :supergrin: I debated for quite a while between the XD Subcompact .40 or the Glock 27 and finally settled on the Glock. My main reasons were:

- Longer track record than XD
- A little easier to conceal
- Lighter than the XD
- Support and accessories galore!

So what initial must have accessories would you suggest? I've already gotten the Pearce grip extension. I think my next purchases will be a couple of Glock 22 mags with sleeves to fit the 27, and a plug for the space at the bottom of the grip.

I'd also like to switch the mag release to a sliding button, but I'm afraid it will void my life-time warranty. Anyone know?

One more question: The Pearce grip extension said it adds the ability to fit one more .40 cal round in the magazine. I put the round in, but MAN is it in there tight! Does anyone know if this will compress the mag spring too much and wear it out? Is it really ok to put another round in there?

Thanks.
Get your self at least 2, G23 mags, (G22 are too long), you really don´t need the sleeves on the G23 mags try only the mags before buying the sleeves.

Do not touch the mag release leave it as is, practice a lot and you will be fine.

I will recommend the glock 7151 + installed on your stock mags this is a factory original part and you don´t need to change springs and will give you 2 more rounds (11 in total)

Also will recommend Meprolight nights sights.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
While I do other mods, night sights on a carry gun are the only necessary mod in my opinion. Welcome and congrats on the new pistol!

·
Banned
2,504 Posts
So what initial must have accessories would you suggest?
AMMO!

Shoot atleast 500 rounds the way it is and make changes as you learn what kind of changes you would like. It sure would suck to spend $$ on changes you might not like.......

·
Registered
241 Posts
The 27 is one great pistol. I would recommend getting the GAP magazine floorplate, especially if you plan on carrying it. :cool:

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you want an extended mag release you can use the one made for the .45 and 10mm. It is longer and will fit your gun, and it is an original Glock part. Some folks don't like the extended mag release, because they hit it while shooting and cause the gun to malfunction when the mag pops down. You'll just have to try it. You will need night sights, and the grip plug is a very good thing to have as it keeps dust and other junk out of the gun. Then all you need is to shoot it as much as you can afford. Have fun and congrats on the new gun.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I don't even use the slide release except to hold the slide open. I suppose if my other hand got injured it might be more useful.

·
Banned
186 Posts
If you want an extended mag release you can use the one made for the .45 and 10mm. It is longer and will fit your gun, and it is an original Glock part. Some folks don't like the extended mag release, because they hit it while shooting and cause the gun to malfunction when the mag pops down. You'll just have to try it. You will need night sights, and the grip plug is a very good thing to have as it keeps dust and other junk out of the gun. Then all you need is to shoot it as much as you can afford. Have fun and congrats on the new gun.
Left that out Night Sights are a must for any handgun. I believe Glocks installs their factory ones for around 60 bucks, you just pay to ship it their! I am sure your town has some gunshops find a REPUTABLE smith and get him to put whatever pair you pick out I know Ameriglo is good and cheap......I use only one kind of sight XS Big Dot Night Sights IMO the best SD sight you can put on a glock they run about 110-120 for a set!!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Well, spare magazines and ammo are always a plus. Go to GlockMeister.com and buy the Emergency Field Repair Kit, the Glock Armorers Tool, two spare magazines and tons of ammo. With this gear, you can care for your Glock well beyond the first 40,000 rounds. Anything beyond that (better sights, for example) is strictly optional, but if you get the customization bug, have fun with it.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Congrats on your G27. It is my fav Glock and my EDC. Night sights, ammo and mags should do it. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
1. The BEST holster you can afford whether it be IWB or OWB
2. Spare magazine holder
3. Enough spare magazines to make your heart giddy.
4. Enough ball ammo and carry ammo on hand to last you for a bit.
5. Glock OEM magazine rebuild kits, one for each magazine
6. Spare Captured recoil spring assembly. Changed at least q4k rounds.
7. (optional) Handgun log to record:
a. Total number of rounds fired and the date
b. Any malf experienced
c. Type of range and range conditions, ie cold/hot, temp, wind
d. Which magazines used and their performance. Mags should be numbered, I use a neon marker.
e. Type of ammo, maker, weight, lot number
f. How ammo performed
g. Accuracy
h. Cleaning
i. Any maintenance done on weapon and or mag outside of cleaning.

The log is easy enough to make, using a database program this way you only need to input the data.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts