Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st trip to the range today shoot 300rds every mag had at east 1 double feed issue could not drop mag had to dig out both live rounds every time. I was using the mags that came with it and i tried my factory glock 19 mags and 2 glock p mags all had same issue also if i only loaded and shot 1 round slide would not lock back. I was shooting 147 gr american eagle flat nose,115 gr aluminum case fmj from walmart,hornady 124gr hp and pmc 125gr hp all had issue. I have had no issuse with g19 so i was real shocked at this mess. any thought would be appreciated i will call glock as well.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm no expert, but I'd suggest cleaning and lubing, and then running 100-200 rounds of high quality, high velocity 124 gr. through it to see if it continues to exhibit the same symptoms. Shouldn't need break in, and plenty of us have shot them out of the box without following the instructions... I can understand the disappointment. But that might be what this 26 needs to "break in".

If that doesn't work, then you've got a real problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm no expert, but I'd suggest cleaning and lubing, and then running 100-200 rounds of high quality, high velocity 124 gr. through it to see if it continues to exhibit the same symptoms. Shouldn't need break in, and plenty of us have shot them out of the box without following the instructions... I can understand the disappointment. But that might be what this 26 needs to "break in".

If that doesn't work, then you've got a real problem.
maybe just got sick of clearing jams not easy since you cant drop the mag every mag

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did notice something before i shot it at the range there was very little of the copper lube in the slide just traces around the inside edge of the slide

·
Just sayin'
4,642 Posts
Detail strip, clean, reassemble, shoot. Use another brand of quality target ammo. Have someone else shoot the gun.

You could send the gun back to Glock but it's a crap shoot in having them troubleshoot and return it in working order. Good luck, lucky:rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Detail strip, clean, reassemble, shoot. Use another brand of quality target ammo. Have someone else shoot the gun.

You could send the gun back to Glock but it's a crap shoot in having them troubleshoot and return it in working order. Good luck, lucky:rolleyes:
well something has to be wrong since i know when it will defiantly have the feed issue it will always jam on next to last round sometimes also before but next to last round 99% of the time jams

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Verify G26?

Verify proper ammo?

Verify proper magazines?

Side by side with the G19 should rules these out.

Visual inspection? Something broken, bent, missing, backwards?

screwedbygoogle
original username modified by google

·
Registered
292 Posts
You're saying it's double feeding two live rounds? That's pretty uncommon unless you have an absolute crap magazine, but you said it happens with 6 different mags and the odds of 6 mags having issues are astronomical.

·
Registered
452 Posts
For extraction/ejection/double feed issues, first thing I look at is the extractor plunger/spring loaded bearing/spring orientation. I've had guns come to me with those issues and found that assembly put in backwards by the user. I've occasionally seen them come directly from the dealer/distributor/factory that way. Can't say that I've ever seen a glock chamber a live round with another following it causing a double feed. AR's? Yes, as a magazine problem. But you say it happened with more than one magazine so I don't really see that as an issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Failing to lock the slide back is a case of this! I have had so many Glocks and Ive never had a hiccup with any of them, ever!
yea my g19 runs perfect well im sending the g26 to glock ill let everyone here know what they say. Im pretty accurate with the g26 but i am glad i shot it instead of just carry it like some do

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.