Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dealer has a new 1st gen glock for sale and is asking 550.00. Now my question is this. how much differance is there in the 1st Vs. 3rd gen with the exception of the finger grooves, it also comes with adjustible sights and 2 17 round mags,, thanks,, Dave

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
my dealer has a new 1st gen glock for sale and is asking 550.00. Now my question is this. how much differance is there in the 1st Vs. 3rd gen with the exception of the finger grooves, it also comes with adjustible sights and 2 17 round mags,, thanks,, Dave
If its brand new I'd just pick it up just to have.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sweet price for a new 1st gen. Lots of dealers rape you with the price of a 1st gen and make you like it!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies,, but after searching this sight i found the born on date list and with the sn of the new glock my dealer has it seems it is not a 1st gen but a 2nd gen, the first 3 letters are AUA and that is like a feb 94 date code. i will have to talk to him about this,, thanks guys,, Dave

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
Nothing wrong with a NIB 2nd gen. G17. I like the 2nd gen. frame on the G17. The half-moon cut-out on the gen 2 compacts bugs me, but the standard frames feel just right. :wavey:

·
Registered
563 Posts
AUA is not a collector's item, even if new. But it's a really good gun. The second generation doesn't have those pesky finger grooves or the unnecessary locking block pin. Unless you need the frame rail, the second generation is the best of the G17s. If it's new, $500 would be top dollar.

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
If I saw a brand new Gen.1 anything, I would be on it like white on rice....:wavey:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sure a honest hardworking gun shop dealer would never mislead you about this being a first gen gun. Good work on doing your homework.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure a honest hardworking gun shop dealer would never mislead you about this being a first gen gun. Good work on doing your homework.
actually this dealer is pretty good, I am sure he just saw the no finger grooves and just assumed it was a gen 1. I emailed him tonight with the date code and the fact is it a gen 2 and I would be willing to make him an offer on it. I have delt with him for about 2 years and the deals he gives me makesme want to drive 45 miles to get it from here than to go to my local dealer. Thanks for the support my friends,,, dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts