Brand loyalty with firearms - I have none.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Z71bill, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Z71bill

Z71bill

I was updating my gun spreadsheet and noticed a lot of different brands - so I took the time to count and was a little surprised to discover I own 15 different brands of firearms.

Many brands only have one gun - SIG (P365), Kel-Tec (P3T), Kahr (PM9), Beretta (CX4 Storm carbine) - some with 2 like Glock (G19 & G21), Remington (870 & Versa Max Tactical), Ruger (10/22 & Mark II 22/45), CZ (75b & 97b)

Not sure how I ended up where I did, I guess I bought based on features I liked and what fit my needs and wants the best - but my conclusion is I have absolutely zero brand loyalty as far as guns are concerned.

How about you?

2. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

I'm not brand loyal either. I buy what I like and what works for me and it isn't always going to be one manufacturer. I have glock, S&W, remington, savage, marlin, ruger. Recently sold my walther. Past handguns included Springfield, kel tec and EAA.

cruz lee, Caver 60 and Z71bill like this.

3. BDM71

BDM71

I'm the same way. Just my carry guns alone are from Beretta, SIG, S&W, and Ruger. If someday I think a firearms manufacturer proves to be an exemplary neighbor and stewart of their influence, I will develop brand loyalty, but for now it is merely features, quality and price. I've had six Glocks, I will own more, but I am loyal to no gun manufacturer at this point and many of them have let me down at one time or another RESOLVING issues I was willing to forgive (because mistakes happen), but they didn't seem to care enough about making things right.

Z71bill likes this.
  4. RenoF250

RenoF250

I am pretty all over the map as well. I have some loyalty to Sig, I have 3 and always looking for more. I also have 4 Rugers but not looking to add. I also have some brand disloyalty, only have one Glock and not a big fan, would not own a Kel-Tec or Kahr.

BDM71, Nucflash and Z71bill like this.
  5. Prh555

Prh555

I'm a minimalist. I own a G42...G19/4...G22/4...and soon a G20/5. Either of them will do the job...some better.

fg17 likes this.
  6. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

7. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow

I only own a Glock, but my little 8-shot .22LR revolver was a Taurus, I just can't remember the model though...

Edit, looked it up, it was a 942 with the 3" barrel. I should call up my friend, see how he's doing... and see when I can get that back.

:D

8. pgg00

pgg00

I buy what ever one does the shiny object thing for me at that time.

9. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

My loyalty is to brands that I have found to function well. Some guys just seem to make better guns than others. That is the object of my loyalty. So, yes, I have brand loyalty.

Z71bill likes this.
  10. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

I don't think I'm brand loyal. I would say that I do go back to brands that I have had good luck with and that am satisfied with their product features, quality, or customer support. But I'm not against going with a brand that offers something that I am interested in, especially if it comes with recommendation from others I trust.

I currently own Ruger, Colt, Glock, and one each of USFA, Savage, NAA, Taurus, and Rock Island.
    I have owned Winchester, Mossberg, Remington, Bersa, Springfield Armory, Kahr, CZ, and Smith & Wesson in the past.

Z71bill likes this.
  11. Top Glock10mm

Top Glock10mm Previously Jisbell40

I am a sako rifles fan for sure. Other than my custom rigs I perfer sako to every other stock gun I’ve come across. But I own glocks, Sigs revolvers the whole 9.

Colt38SuperDude and Z71bill like this.
  12. Wojo88

Wojo88

I have favorites but not 100% committed to any one manufacture. I tend to buy what fits my needs and wants today. Down the road if my wants change I am sure that I can find a need for my little friend......

Z71bill likes this.
  13. ede

ede

I have a mix but also would same I'm brand loyal depending on what it is or the application.
    No Ruger revolvers but the 22 bottom feeders are all Ruger. Lot of Glocks but no other plastic guns. Off top of my head I have:
    Glock
    Beretta
    CZ
    Remington
    Winchester
    Ruger
    S&W
    SIG
    Colt
    STI
    Shultz & Larsen
    Walther
    TOZ
    Anschutz
    Savage
    Springfield
    TC
    Ballard

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Z71bill likes this.
  14. 45caldan

45caldan

No
    A lot of manufacturers are making some really good guns these days.

15. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I like certain brands more than others.

I'm not gonna list everything I have ever owned (it is in the 3 digits)... But...

Over 25+ years, I have owned 39 different Berettas. More Berettas than anything else. That has always been my favorite brand...

But, I've also owned:

11 Hks
    10 1911s (5 were Springfields, 2 Dan Wessons, 2 Ed Browns, 1 Kimber)
    9 Glocks
    7 Sigs
    6 Walthers
    6 FNs

There are many other brands I have owned too - some numerous ones of the same brand. I am just listing a few quick ones I remember...

16. Berto

Berto woo woo

I dont have a sig yet, but it's never been ideological.

17. oogy_pls

oogy_pls

Loyalty no. Preference yes. There is a reason I'm on glock talk and not m&p talk or something.

Top Glock10mm likes this.
  18. Z71bill

Z71bill

I will guess of the brand where a person only has one - Glock would be close to the top.

nmk likes this.
  19. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

I own more Glocks than any other single brand and I don’t even like them that much. But dang it if they don’t work every day. It’s just so convenient to slap on that plastic POS and feel good. Maybe I like them after all.

20. nmk

nmk

I'm pretty scattered. Have my share of Remington and Savage rifles.