close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Brake Cleaner - Buy One Get One

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by starglocks, Jan 24, 2004.

1. starglocks

starglocks

AutoZone (Discount Auto Parts) has their store brand 19oz. brake cleaner for $1.99, and it's a buy-one-get-one-free. Good for degreasing firearms and does not hurt Glocks.

2. 1*45

1*45

Warning!! stay away from products containg acetone- it will eat plastics/polymers. If you spray it on, a white film develops , over time it can/will eat you Glock. Be watchful and read the warnings and contents of your brake cleaner and other cleaners. In My experience for the last 8 months have been using Powder ..... and it seems to work ok so far. The white adhesive around the night sights will be eaten as well so keep the cleaner away from the sights. Use on the steel parts and lightly on the lower. My experience only and the warning from armorer's.

2nd Warning - ensure you lube the area with a good light lubricant, the brake cleaner removes all protection/lubrication.
    1*

3. glocker97

glocker97

In my neck of the woods, it is Advance Auto Parts, and the sale is good through the end of January. Autozone didn't have a sale.

4. starglocks

starglocks

Thanks for the clarification - it is Advance AP. The brake cleanr does not have acetone, but does have tetrachloride (?). Use with caution.