BPI Premium Bond Fund (Calling Sir Ante)

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by charlie-xray, Mar 25, 2007.

1. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

BPI PREMIUM BOND FUND

Sir Ante,

Mga ganitong level lang ang kakayanin ko, so will this BPI be reliable based on your know how and is there anything out there that could accomodate me thru purely online transaction. I want to do this investment without letting my family know. Or type ko rin yung Trust Fund, saan ba maganda kumuha nun.

http://info.bpiexpressonline.com/bpiprod/prodserv.nsf/AMTG+Pages/AMTGPremiumUITF?OpenDocument

This are all solicited advise Mr. Ante, so please indulge and thanks in advance.

CX

2. mikol

mikol Guest

iwan ko sa iyo bro, pero ako allergic ako dito "high-grade government securities".;) ;)
    wala lang....wala kasi ako idea sa mga ganito na bagay e.:supergrin:

3. rex_valerian

rex_valerian Guest

BPI Premium bond funds are invested in fixed income securities with a duration of at least 90 days. 85-90% government bonds yata.

Di masyadong risky, pero lower rate of return, although definitely much better than time deposits. About 5% per annum increase.

By comparison, the BPI mutual fund has 70% in bonds and the rest is invested in stocks etc, which provide higher yeild on average but also more risk of losing money in the event of a crash ineconomy/stock market etc. About7-8% per annum ang increase.

BPI is a pretty good bank. I'd advise getting either of the 2 at a bank in which you know the manager personally para pag may problema madaling i-approach, and if necessary, madaling iconvert yung fund into cash.

4. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Thanks Rex mas maganda nga talaga if you know somebody, pero I've been banking with BPI for the past 8years and no glitch so far pero on savings side lang kaya gusto ko mag-venture sa ganito.

Mikol, medyo naghahanap lang ako ng other avenues to pursue in money making medyo bumibigat ang gastusin eh................. gastusin sa sport natin hehehe.

5. antediluvianist

antediluvianist Guest

If BPI collapses then that would mean the entire financial system of the Philippines would be kaput. BPI is a conservative, strong bank. The Ayalas have good managers, not just in BPI but just about anywhere in their Group. So I wouldn't worry about BPI.

Do you know that when interest rates go up, the value of bonds goes down (and vice versa), and the longer is the term of the bond, the more pronounced this effect is (a 10-year bond will fall much more than a 1-year bond) ?

So, when investing in bonds, you are betting on the future movement of interest rates. What do you think will happen to interest rates in the future?

The FIRST thing you should do is have at least four months of your expenses in a money market fund - why? so that if you lose your job you can survive for four months and presumably you will be able to get a job within that period. This also acts as a "rainy-day" buffer - in case you or someone in the family has a sudden medical emergency or something like that. A money market fund will earn you less interest than the fund you indicate above, but also it will be subject to very little interest rate risk.

After THAT, then yes you should put money into FIXED-INCOME, but not so long a maturity - and what you indicate above appears appropriate.

If you do not have dependents - I don't know if the "family" you refer to includes dependents - then go ahead and invest in a balanced mutual fund (bonds AND stocks), you can afford the risk.

For stock brokers - some of them like Citieseconline and others - you can transact online. I have heard bad things about the BPI stockbroker's online service and slowness of connection etc. I agree with the guys above who recommend dealing through your branch manager - in mutual funds, you buy and hold for a long time, so there is no need to "trade" daily online if we're talking mutual funds.

Historically, the EQUITY mutual funds that have earned the most have been Philequity (it has a website), and I forget the other one.

6. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Thank you Sir Ante, pero hindi po yata bawal dito sa boards mag-announce which company to go with. If you don't mind about this statement:

"The FIRST thing you should do is have at least four months of your expenses in a money market fund - why? so that if you lose your job you can survive for four months and presumably you will be able to get a job within that period. This also acts as a "rainy-day" buffer - in case you or someone in the family has a sudden medical emergency or something like that. A money market fund will earn you less interest than the fund you indicate above, but also it will be subject to very little interest rate risk"

Which bank or institution po, and do they have an online site.

Connections with BPI are no problem for me I have T1 here so please, with BPI It's a GO Right? Hindi ko pa lang na-check kung puwede online transaction.

7. mikol

mikol Guest

buti kapa bro me extra money to invest, ako naghanap pa ng money pang-suporta sa family. ;) :supergrin:
    just kidding bro, pero sa totoo lang wala talaga ako kaalam alam sa mga ganyan.
    basta sakin lang kung meron pera deposito nalang sa bank.
    pagkilangan ng pera withdraw sa bank. pagkailangan magbayad sa cred crd at iba pa, transfer ng funds.
    ganoong lang routine namin ng wife ko bro.(besides small business sidelines.:supergrin:)

8. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

well, it's high time that you wake up and do a total paradigm shift. if you keep most of your funds in a bank, your money will grow slowly but your purchasing power will diminish so fast as if hit by lightning. A typical savings account will give you a gross interest rate of 1% per annum. a time deposit will give you a gross of 2% per annum. if you have P 100,000 in the form of a time deposit, your yield in one year is P 1,600 ( i already deducted the 20% withholding tax). Divide P 1,600 by 12 months and you get P 133 per month in interest earnings. If you live in Quezon City and your bank is in Makati, kulang pa yan sa gas, merienda at parking fees. Siguro in 36 years yu can expect your money to double. Better wake up now and explore your options.

9. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Hehe hindi naman sa ganon bro, just taking the opportunity at may kinita ng konti sa raket kaya i-save ko muna kasi nabili ko naman na gusto kong Tru-Glo sight saka talagang inilaan ko na ito. Financial stability ang ultimate goal ko bro at makaalis na rito sa Saudi (dahil hindi na kailangan ang trabaho sa Saudi) ang masasabi kong isa sa ultimate completion ng dreams ko.

Maliban sa fed up na rin ako rito kasi, hehehe.

10. mikol

mikol Guest

thanks Valor1 for the advise. :thumbsup:
    di ko lang talaga alam pumasok sa mga ganyan bagay e. :sad:
    my wife just invest some of our extra dough in P.O. cards & P.O. cash, some other "money making (daw)" ventures in some multi-level marketing for food supplements & etc.(di lang isa kng di marami)
    the wife is the one envolve in this things, basta ako kayod lang ng kayod dini sa desyerto.:supergrin:

11. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

pre damayan mo ako kuha ka na rin para pagka tumuba tulad nung CAP ko may kadamay ako nwe hehe he he he :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (just kidding)

12. mikol

mikol Guest

ayoko pre, baka nga magka ganoon.:tongueout:
    meron pa ako ibang piangpa-planohan, secret nalang muna dahil baka ma udlot o di kaya mausog.;)

13. jhun

jhun Guest

Meron ako nito....last quarter ko sya binili of 2006, so far every month nadadagdagan ng 1 peso and value/unit.

D ko pa na try yung online, pero parang meron akong nakikita.

14. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Sayang nga jhun kasi tumawag na ako sa toll-free number nila and hindi raw puwede online kasi may pipirmahan na deed of assignment. Pero baka si wifey na lang paglakarin ko nito.

So far so good right? gaano mo katagal plano i-maintain and do you think it's WORTH IT?

15. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

pre yan bang plano eh nasa manufacturing or distribution hehehehe uso ba ito ngayon? hehehe best friend ba ang turing sa PDEA hehehe just kidding..

16. mikol

mikol Guest

secret pa nga e.... tsaka ko nalang kwento sayo pag-plantsado na lahat. :supergrin:

17. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

pasali naman, saan ba puwede manufacturing or distribution? sige dito lang gigilid-gilid.

18. mikol

mikol Guest

pm mo na sa akin yung website tsaka paano lumusot yung dati mong order dito sa KSA ok? sige uwi muna ako pre.

19. jhun

jhun Guest

bro, so far ok pa naman....mahigit 90 days na yung sakin,pero since tumataas pa naman, iiwan ko lang sya as is. worth it sya lalo na kung hindi mo rin gagamitin yung pera at nasa bank lang. monitor ka lang dapat lagi....

try to look in to sa Sunlife of Canada....meron din silang mga investment funds.

20. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Pre thanks, I will look into that. Ganitong mga ideas ang kailangan ko at may idea kasi ako sa pag-iinvest pero malabnaw lang marami pang dapat matutunan.

Thanks.