close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BP, ICE, CBP Officers and Agents.....

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by HomeLandPatriot, Mar 1, 2010.

1. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

I have a few questions for any of the Officers or Agents listed in the title. If someone could shoot me a PM that is whiling to answer a few questions it would be appreciated.

No need to post here if you don't want to.

2. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

Ask away...

3. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

I still have a few questions if anyone wouldn't mind a pm.

4. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

i8547 should have it covered. If you still have questions let me know.

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Sounds like you guys got it from here. I have nothing to add. (mainly because I'm not one of the above)

6. Sundown

Sundown

I watched Border Wars the other night, seems like a fun job. Too bad they get paid so
    poorly :(

7. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

No, perhaps someone else can PM him and field his questions in a more friendlier fashion. Apparently my responses are too hostile and negative. :upeyes: Must be the PT instructor side of me.

8. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

We do? Hmm. News to me. Then again I guess my definition of poorly might differ from yours... but making just shy of $100k without any O.T. in Southern California is a "livable wage" last I checked.

9. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

So anyway, hope we got everything straightened out in our PM's. Firm and straight answers is what I prefer.

Anyway, I think out PM's speak for themselves and I hope everything is resolved, no need to ramble on in the thread.

Thanks to everyone who has PM'ed me though and helped with my questions. I've taken the good and the bad and I feel as though I am better today for it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  10. spdski

spdski NRA Life Member CLM

:whistling:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1177343

Did you get a real name to pass on to the bosses?

:embarassed:

11. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

come one guys, lets not **** on my thread....I'm genuinely trying to collect some pertinent information here.

And SPDSKI, we had a disagreement over a polygraph that never even amounted to anything, no need to drag that along. At the end of the thread we were even on the same page. Hell, you even acknowledged that you were once in my exact shoes, so no need to stir anything up.

I'm trying to collect info from Agents and Officers in the field in an effort to make myself a better candidate once my time comes. Its called professional development, and its something that can't be achieved unless you consult those who have the answers.

12. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Wannabe applicant with too much sand in his *****?

The 9 month exams are there to get rid of slackers and dead wood before they become career status. How would you know what's necessary or not?

13. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

Alright guys, I've heard from those who would like to help, and have received good advice and information.

Its obvious that some of you simply don't care to help or be constructive and just rather want to hear yourselves talk.

I'm gracefully bowing out of my own thread on this one.

Again, to those of you who offered constructive advice, it was greatly appreciated and I thank you. For those of you who feel the need to beat the war drum against the new guy and flex those internet muscles, have at it, cuz you can't get stronger without working out :upeyes:

14. Unistat

Unistat

By the way, I read (a rumor of course) over on Honor First that there will be little to no classes going through Artesia for the 2nd quarter. If true, more Spanish and running for me.

15. freeforever

freeforever

Not to mention how far that GS-12 journeyman salary gets you in those podunk border towns profiled on Border Wars. I lived like a king starting out in New Mexico. Eventually I had to return to civilization though!

16. nolacop

nolacop

Speaking of the mythical 12's, it looks like that will have to wait until September.

17. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

I thought Maobama would just print more money to cover OFO's and BP's upgrades. :whistling:

18. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

I'm doing just fine on my 11 pay right now and most others are as well if they aren't out dumbing around... 12 was just going to be money in the bank. Oh well, September will be an early Christmas I suppose. I don't feel sorry for the guys who went out and spent it before it even came, which apparently a lot did based on the reactions in muster the other night when the delay was announced.