Bowfishing Success

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Esox357, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Esox357

Esox357

Hey guys, after bowfishing for an hour yesterday I shot the biggest carp yet. I was watching the water and noticed a dark silohuette that was staying still under the water about 4 inches. The water was almost coffee stained and very hard to see anything. Anyhow after looking at the fish for a bout 20 plus seconds I thought I would try for him. Not knowing how big he was, I released a arrow towards him striking him. The water exploded the fish took off quick, I thought for a minute damn thats a big fish! Trying to figure out wether to hold on to my bow or the line was a quick decision. The water errupted again as the fish fought to get away, I was pulling hard and praying he didn't "strip" the line through my hands! I got him close to shore and held him there until I could drag him up the 3 ft bank. He thrashed around. After all said and done I got some pictures that I hope will turn out and a measurement of 40 1/2 inches long and 13 inches across. Man what a fish. Just thought I would share with the group. Take Care. Esox357