Bourbon Basted Pork Chops

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by lwt210, Aug 9, 2004.

1. lwt210

lwt210

Man, were these good. Did them yesterday and still have some left over but they are going quick. Thought that you would like the recipe....

1 lemon
    1/2 cup of soy sauce
    3 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons bourbon (we used Jack Daniels)
    1 tablespoon minced onion
    1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    4 center cut pork chops, trimmed

Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a saucepan, take the seeds out and add the lemon halves. Add soy sauce and next six ingredients, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 5 minutes. You can save some of this for dipping sauce but I didn't seem to need it.
    Brush sauce evenly over both sides of pork chops. Grill over Kingsford started in a chimney starter (no lighter fluid) with newspaper. Show some love to the fire with some water-soaked hickory or mesquite (we used mesquite) and coook covered for like eight minutes per side, basting regularly with the sauce.

I cooked ours on our smoker grill and you talk about fine! Best pork chops of my life. We doubled the recipe for leftovers. Thank goodness for the Southern Living Homestyle Cooking cookbook we got this out of.

We had this with loaded mashed potatoes (something the wife makes with mashed potatoes, garlic, almonds on top and other goodies), field peas and brownie pie a-la-mode with extra chocolate sauce and pecans sprinkled on top. I could barely walk.

Enjoy.