GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Timex Triathlon Shock. On sale at WalMart from $42 down to $25. I sorta like it. I also like not having to dig my cell phone out every time I need the time.

It appears that nowdays, the litle pamphlet with the micro printing instructions is not included. It's all online now. Thank gawd..

All in all, a good buy.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
A Timex Triathlon Shock. On sale at WalMart from $42 down to $25. I sorta like it. I also like not having to dig my cell phone out every time I need the time.

It appears that nowdays, the litle pamphlet with the micro printing instructions is not included. It's all online now. Thank gawd..

All in all, a good buy.
I'm not a watch connoisseur but I wear one all the time.

The habit was reinforced today as I watched a co-worker rummaging around for his cell phone so he could time SFSTs on the side of the highway. Like they inevitably said about me at one point, "kids these days!"

·
Just some guy
598 Posts
I just bought a Citizen Eco-Drive chronograph and love it. Might even be the last watch I ever buy unless I manage to destroy it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still prefer a mechanical Seiko on my wrist. Every month I need to adjust it 3-4 minutes ahead. Just the nature of the beast.
I believw Seiko is on sale too. Check it our.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I'll check it out. Is that a store wide sale or regional. I buy a time x. Wear it almost 24/7 when it breaks buy another one

·
Señor Member
8,928 Posts

All in all, a good buy.
Don't get rid of your phone, though. You can use it to post a picture of the watch, you know. ;-)

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,251 Posts
I still prefer a mechanical Seiko on my wrist. Every month I need to adjust it 3-4 minutes ahead. Just the nature of the beast.
I have a Solar Seiko that I paid $99 for about 4-5 years ago. Keeps really good time. No winding, No batteries. Eventually the capacitor will die. Then I'll have it fixed or buy a new one.

I have a 1976 Hughes aircraft digital with red LEDs and a calculator keyboard on the face. I bought it new when they first came out. Now they are worth a lot of $$. (over a thousand)

Apparently Commander Adama liked it also.

Reactions: Von Hayes

·
Values. Can't be bought.
11,257 Posts
The habit was reinforced today as I watched a co-worker rummaging around for his cell phone so he could time SFST
It the DUI was young, he probably could have set it up for the officer in a jiffy.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I just ordered one (the SKX007J) because I found out they discontinued manufacturing last year and I have been wanting one for a while now. I've been wearing a Luminox for a few years now but I really do like automatic watches...just something way cool about them.

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Made a small mistake. It's actually the Timex Ironman Shock.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
congratulations!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts