close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bought my first Glock today

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Marshall, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Marshall

Marshall

Hi Everyone,
    I'm now officially a "Glockite." Today I bought a model 27. I haven't been to the range yet, but I took some pictures:

http://www.mouseguns.com/myglock/myglock.htm

Please welcome me into the brotherhood of the Glock!
    :)

2. rabbit

rabbit

shoulda gotten the G26 man... i had a 27 and didnt like it too much. it had too much snap for the gun's size IMHO. but any glock is better than any other pistol. so good choice!!!!

3. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Screw that, man. I have both and don't get me wrong, I LOVE my G26... but the G27 is equally awesome.

Excellent choice!

4. Markcuda

Markcuda A gun a month

5. haywood

haywood

yes...SCREW that! j/k. dont let the g26 owners sway your decision (no offense g26'rs). YOU and only you can decide whether or not you dont think the g27 is better choice for YOU.

before I bought my g27 (just less than 3 weeks ago) I was thinking of the g26 before deciding to try the g27. I had no previous experience with .40 but knew I wanted something bigger than 9mm. I loved my Ruger P95DC... it served me well for the last 6 years, but I wanted to move to a bigger bore. had my mind set on the Ruger P345 (.45) but saw the two sub-compacts in the display and asked to hold one. it felt weird at first but i couldnt stop looking at this midget of a Glock. my fiance' saw it and liked it (purely on its "cute" factor) so i started considering it.

i made the decision to go with the sub, but didnt want to trade in my old 9mm to go with another 9mm, so i went with with g27.

during my 10-day wait, i went to the range to test out their subs and the 26 was like shooting my old ruger with just a bit more recoil. then came the 27... i was anticipating a huge amount of recoil that alot of g26 owners said was too much. in all honesty, i was pleasantly surprised that it shot so well.

i mean, i did notice that the .40 kicks a bit more (it is logically supposed to) but the differences are slight. alot of times when they say the 27 has more recoil than the 26, it makes alot of people think its a HUGE difference. it really isnt (then again everyone is different and perceives recoil accordingly, so YMMV).

for me, the perceived recoil differences between the two are small and also i liked shooting the larger caliber g27 more. for some, it may be a large enough difference that they prefer the g26. it is a matter of both opinion and choice. just make sure it is yours and only yours.

I would love to have a g26 but i wanted a g27 more. good luck Marshall and have fun with your 27...

PS - I have +0 extensions on my magazines and a hogue wrap on my grip. it makes such huge damn difference in comfort.

6. Marshall

Marshall

Have you tried the +2 extensions? Do they work well, or interfere with reliable feeding?

7. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

I stay away from the +2 extensions, I've heard they can make the magazine finicky. I use the Pierce +0 extensions and one of my mags has a Glock +1 extension and I have zero problems.

8. LabTech

LabTech Village Jackass

Welcome to the dark side, Marshall. I hope you become as addicted to the Glocks as you are the Kel-Tecs. Have you thought about getting the GAP baseplates for your .40?

9. Marshall

Marshall

Never heard of it. I've heard of Scherer and Pearce extensions. What is a GAP baseplate for the Glock 27? Does it have something to do with the GAP cartridge?

10. LabTech

LabTech Village Jackass

GAP base plates can be found here: http://www.concealablecontrol.com/ Many people don't like to add extensions to their 26/27's because they essentially make the grip just as long as a 19/23. The argument being might as well buy the 19/23 because the grip of an extended 26/27 will "print" during concealed carry just the same as a 19/23. The GAP's simply replace the base plate, still only allowing two fingers on the grip, but essentially "locking" the ring finger on the pistol. Check them out and see what you think. I have them on my 26 and wouldn't be without them. Good luck.

11. Kartar

Kartar

Very nice pic's. I will bet the trigger seems pretty light compared to your other pistols. Glock 26 is perfect for me and I hope you enjoy your 27.

12. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

Ditto's :cool:

And, you'll be buying more Glocks soon.....:cool: :cool: :cool:

13. mike23

mike23

Welcome to the world of Glocks!

The 27 is a great gun. There's a reason the .40 is the choice of LE agencies- it's a powerful caliber.

This may be your first Glock but it won't be your last!

14. Marshall

Marshall

I've ordered two plus 1 extensions for my magazines. I have found that the G27 is a bit snappish with recoil, and I think I need the extra grip. Also, I won't mind having one additional round per magazine. I read both pros and cons on the plus 1 extension, but I think it is worth a try. Any of you like the plus ones?

15. haywood

haywood

the pearce +1's were my initial thought, but decided on the +0 because i did not want any potential reliability problems. i wouldnt mind trying them for range magazines, but so far i only use the pearce +0 and the scherer +0 (smooth front ala dremel) for my two stock mags.

16. hokieglock

hokieglock Proud Infidel

i have the pierce +2's on 4 of my g27 mags-no problems at all. i have also ordered 2 of the GAP base plates. these look great for concealability. i think it'll be a GAP for the gun and a G23 mag for backup.

17. LabTech

LabTech Village Jackass

Not to hijack a thread or anything, but, that was exactly my thought about the GAP plates for my 26, hokie. The concealability is sweet w/ them. I carry a first gen. nfml +2 G17 mag for backup. Pic is below.

18. haywood

haywood

yeah, i wasnt saying that they would have problems... thats why i said "potential" problems, because there are a few people that have posted having problems with having the last round or so, fail to feed. though i wouldnt argue with an extra round or two, i just didnt want to nother with whether or not "my" stock mag's spring-rate was high enough.

who knows maybe when i get some extra mags i will get some +1 extensions (Crapifornia 10rd limit).

19. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink

Easy solution to the snappyness of your 27: buy a 26 and practice with that. If you ever need your 27 it will feel exactly like the 26 except the recoil which you won't feel anyway. Hope you never need to use it. Good luck and have fun.

20. Heavy "J"

Heavy "J"

congrats, great pics.