close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bought my first Glock - the G30!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by vertigo7, Aug 9, 2003.

1. vertigo7

vertigo7

I went to visit my local gun shop this morning, traded him my Ruger Bisley Vaquero for $100 more than I had invested in it, and now I'm the happy owner of a G30! So, who's got the best deal on magazines for my new toy?

vertigo7

2. Guest

Dont waste your time looking any further..Glock factory mags, 16 buckeroos, free shipping....you cant beat them.

http://www.ivanhoeoutlet.com/

Bruce

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Congrats on the G30, it's a nice gun. Ivanhoe is great to deal with, buy several.

4. Polo

Polo Brave Babushka Millennium Member

Vaquero for a 30?;P Have yet to hear of this combo! But Hey! I would've too.
    As I always chime in and welcome new 30 owners, here's my personal welcome to you--and shoot the heck out of that pistol, she can take it.
    Ivanhoe is spot-on ---these guys that gave recommendation don't miss!
    Always go factory on mags and ...happy shoots.

5. vertigo7

vertigo7

I picked up the Vaquero a few months back, intending to get into CAS shooting. It sat in my safe untouched since I picked it up, and I realized my interest in CAS has vanished for now. Then I happened upon a good deal on the G30 so it seemed like the obvious thing to do.

6. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    I'll add my congrats on your G30, these things shoot much better than I expected. And yes, factory mags are so easy to get, and work so well, I'd suggest just buying those and not even worrying about other brands. Best.....

7. vertigo7

vertigo7

According to this site, I now own a 3rd gen G30 born in November 98. ;f It's a used gun, but shows very little wear and was well-cared for by its previous owner.

8. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Congratulations vertigo on the G30. It's Gaston's best pistol ever. You couldn't of done better if I was there with ya!;) ;f ;f ;f

9. G21Pro

G21Pro Senior Member

Just took my new 30 to the range the other day. I fired 100 rounds of the Winchester value packs from Walmart. No problems. Love it.

10. str8shootr623

str8shootr623 Educ8r

Congrats. By far my favorite Glock. You can't go wrong with a G30. Have fun and shoot her alot...:)

11. vertigo7

vertigo7

Doing a little further reading, I find I can interchange my 30's slide for a G29's slide and have a 10mm pocket rocket without having to buy a new gun? Ditto for the G20 & G21? Dear god, how have I gone this long without knowing this stuff?!

Looks like now the first order of business is to order up a crate of .45ACP, pick up a G29 complete upper and magazine, then call up Mike McNett for some of his hot 10mm ammo, and unload a couple huge piles of brass at the range ;f

"If this is torture, chain me to the wall..." - Tito, Oliver & Company

vertigo7

12. G21Pro

G21Pro Senior Member

the magazines are listed as 9 round magazines on ivanhoe.com website. Is that just because the last one is hard to get in there or are they actual 9 round mags?

13. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE

Great gun. I chose the 21 in a side-by-side comparison, but primarily due to barrel length and the ballistics of the .45 ACP.

14. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

Way to go, you couldn't have bought a better model!

Don't be alarmed when you discover that your 10 round magazines only hold 9 rounds. This is normal for Glock factory magazines. The tension in the spring has to loosen up before it will fit 10 properly. I took mine apart and fully compressed the spring ten times for about fifteen seconds each time, or something like that. That loosened up the spring just fine, and it feeds all 10 rounds perfectly.

15. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    If I remember right, Glock makes both 9 and 10 round mags for the G30. I think the only difference is a "thin" floorplate on the 9 rounder, and a "thick" floorplate on the 10 rounder. As I understand, the G30 with a 9 round mag looks like the G29 pictures I've seen, and the ten round mags are what's in all the G30 pictures I've ever seen.

And yes, all my new Glock mags have been hard to fully load at first too. ;c