Bought my first bike! 1995 FZR 600 .. Pics inside!

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by lilslyk, Jul 16, 2005.

1. lilslyk

lilslyk

Tonight I finally bought my first bike. Been looking for a while now. I'm very satisfied with the bike per cost ratio I obtained with this bike. The PO did not know a thing about the bike other than how to ride it, but it was kept very well before he had it. All it needs now is some TLC and I think I can sell it in 6 mos. when I leave cali without losing too much money.

BTW, it has 25k miles and I got it for $1750. In SoCal right now I feel like it was a steal!

Let me know what you all think! Now it's time to get some good used gear...

Matt

2. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

2500 miles per year in So Cal? Wow.

Yes, as long as there are no mechanical issues I think you got a very good deal.

Ride Safe.

ATGATT

3. lilslyk

lilslyk

IDK what that (ATGATT) means!

The only thing we could find wrong with it is the fork seals. They need to be redone. Other than that...mild cupping on front tire, slight flat spot on rear tire, so those will need to be replaced some time soon.

Besides those two fixes the bike is in great shape. The R6 front brake system will be really nice to have.

4. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

good deal.

no they are not the latest greatest, but they do thier job just fine.

have fun on it.

Used sportbikes have a bottom to thier value. There is a price that a used bike in decent condition no matter year or model that thier value won't go under. It is usually around a grand. So you could have that bike fore another 10 years and not lose much money on it.

My opinion is keep it, and use it for a track bike or for riding schools. You won't be so afraid to ride it hard since it didn't cost you all that much. Trust me, I had a 2000 TL 1000 S for 2 years and only did 3 (count them) 3 wheelies, and only little popies no ridding them out, just because I was in fear of wrecking it (which I did anyway, like an idiot, although it was pretty minor ;f). I knew how much a month it cost me and I would probably cry if I saw it flipping end over end.

A cheap bike and good riding gear will boost your confidence levels up to allow you to really push yourself to the limit. I don't know about anyone else, but when I know I have good riding gear on I ride with less fear of crashing. The fastest I ever rode a bike was when I barrowed my dads full touring suit and went on some honda demo rides. The VFR800 I had was craked over further than I had ever done, and the CBR 1100XX showed 175 before I let off on one straight.

What I am trying to say is, get good gear!
    May I recommend an Arai helmet ;f

5. glock26daddy

glock26daddy MichiganGlocker

Get it out here to Michigan and you got a sale.

6. jthuang

jthuang On The Jazz

Nice bike! I remember drooling over those bikes when I was in school.

I don't know if you need to go with used gear. I'd get a new helmet (they're only good for one crash and you don't know what the previous owner did with it -- impossible to tell by visual inspection only). If you're looking for good deals on new gear, I'd check out New Enough Motorcycle Leathers and the closeout page at Motorcycle USA Superstore.

Best of luck!

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I know a rather good-lookin' girl that rides a blue FZR600. It's solid bike without a lot of fancy doodads. Ride it like you steal it!!!