Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Para G.I. Expert this weekend at a gunshow. Got it home and put 100 rounds through it. Had many failure to feed properly with multiple mags and the trigger did not reset probably 10 times. That night I cleaned it and put about 70 more rounds through it. Same result. What are yalls thoughts about these problems and what should i do about it? thanks for the help...I definatly need it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Contact para.

Good Luck.

I hope your experience is better than mine. The ejector pin sheared on mine at under 250 rounds and it took many phone calls and about 4 months before I had the gun and my shipping costs back, to give you the short version.

I'm sending you a PM on who you can contact at Para that might help you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the fast answers. I allready called Para twice today and didnt get ahold of anyone. I did leave them two voicemails and heard nothing back. I feel like someone hit me in the head got out my wallet and stole money from me lol. Im expecting them to be hard to deal with and it makes me furious just to think about it. ughhh I should have got a springfield gi. at least cs is good. I got this gun to customize it the way i wanted. A LEARNING 1911 experiance. but this is so junky i cant help but send it back. What a waste of my money.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Depending on what you paid, try & get out of it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I would try to demand your money back. MOstly likely it wont work, but its worth a shot. If not, get the gun serviced, and tell them you want it replaced not fixed and then maybe your store will credit you back what you paid in exchange for the NIB pistol. If they just fix your used gun though and you try and trade it in on something else, there going to have to make money on the Para and the new gun that you purchase.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't know what you paid for that 1911 gun, but you should of gone with the S & W 1911 pistol as it lists for apx $ 830.00 & is a great 1911 pistol.:dunno:

·
NRA MEMBER
1,594 Posts
thanks for the fast answers. I allready called Para twice today and didnt get ahold of anyone. I did leave them two voicemails and heard nothing back. I feel like someone hit me in the head got out my wallet and stole money from me lol. Im expecting them to be hard to deal with and it makes me furious just to think about it. ughhh I should have got a springfield gi. at least cs is good. I got this gun to customize it the way i wanted. A LEARNING 1911 experiance. but this is so junky i cant help but send it back. What a waste of my money.
I am sorry to tell you this but para sucks big time!! I had a tac-four LDA that was a POS right out of the box! To much to tell here. It went back to them six(yes 6) times & it was always "the ammo,the shooter,etc,etc. The last time I got it back it came back looking like hell gun power & oil all over it. I cleaned it up took it to the range shot it. Had about 6-7 FTF's in fifty rounds(the best this gun ever ran). I cleaned & oiled it & took it to a gunshow & traded it for a CZ SPO1 TAC. Told the guy it had some FTF on some ammo but he said he could make money on it. He had that CZ for two years so we wanted to get rid of it.It was 4 years of hell with that so called gun!! The only gun I ever had that I ever had problems with & they where from day one!!! Hope you do better? I would bypass them a-holes & ask for someone to get a call tag. That's what I did after I payed to send it back two times. I would never NEVER buy a para anything EVER AGAIN!!!! If they could not fix it then they should have replace it with a new one. Thank God I never got the tac-five or the G I because I would most likely done. Bad right out of the box. POS!!! Good luck! you will need it.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I bought a Para G.I. Expert this weekend at a gunshow. Got it home and put 100 rounds through it. Had many failure to feed properly with multiple mags and the trigger did not reset probably 10 times. That night I cleaned it and put about 70 more rounds through it. Same result. What are yalls thoughts about these problems and what should i do about it? thanks for the help...I definatly need it.
Not to be flip but, sell the thing and use your funds to buy a good 1911. Research your interests before you buy. :wavey:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts