close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bought a Glock 36.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Steve333, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Steve333

Steve333

This morning according to plan I went to the local indoor pistol range to rent their G-30. Would have preferred to rent a 36 since that's what I want to buy but there's just none available to rent. Walked up to the rental counter and the 30 was missing! They had a NRA basic pistol class in progress and I think it was being used for show and tell. So, the only other choice was a G-27 which I rented, shot and liked. Since the 30 wasn't available the 27 was going to have to be close enough for comparison purposes. This establishment had neither a 30 or 36 in stock so it was back in the car to find one that did. In a gun shop just south of Pittsburgh I found a 36 as well as a 30 and bought the 36 after comparing it closely to the 30. I have it here on the desk awaiting a good cleaning before it's first range session tomorrow afternoon. Also, based upon the opinions I read in this forum this G-36 has the factory installed night sights.

Thanks for all the assistance.

2. Stealther

Stealther

Congrats on your purchase! Now go out and put a deposit down on that G30 that you left S T R A N D E D ! ;f

3. Sixgun357

Sixgun357

I loved my Glock 36 I wish I did not sell mine. I found it fit my hand better than the Glock 30. I sold mine to buy a Kimber. Just wanted to move into something new.

4. alfred guard

alfred guard

;a ;a ;a I have had my glock 36 for about a year an a 1/2 like it very well, carry 12hrs a day iwb in sidearmor.;a ;a ;a

5. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Alright Steve!
    Execellent choice fellow GT'er.
    Did you get your's in the new Glock case or the old tupper-ware style case?
    I am waiting for my second G36 but,I want a NEW STYLE case.
    Isnt she one bad little piece!
    Congrats on your new purchase and Good Luck with it!:) ;c

6. Steve333

Steve333

Mine came in the old Tupperware case that will come in handy if I want to take my lunch to the range. I wonder if it's microwave and dishwasher safe? The case, not the gun.

Took the 36 to the range today, ran a little over a hundred rounds through it, most of which were my own 230 grain FMJ reloads and it worked perfectly. The only holes off target were my fault and there were no stoppages or problems. I shot a box of my preferred carry ammo, Winchester 230 grain SXT's which worked flawlessly. That's nice because I can use the same defense ammo in the Kimber and Glock.

Just got through cleaning the gun and in the process I saw no unusual wear marks or peening. This thing is as easy to field strip and clean as my wife's Sig.

Recoil with my full-power reloads was no issue at all in fact, till just now I hadn't even thought of it. I just shot the gun and had fun so, if anyone is considering a G-36 but is concerned about recoil, don't be.

I did notice the trigger guard rubbed my middle finger a bit but no blood was donated. Ever had a good case of hammer-bite from a 1911? It's nothing like that.

So, count me among the satisfied Glock owners.

7. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

Steve, I had the same problem on my 36 with respect to the middle finger rubbing. I got out the dremel and GENTLY relieved the offending area. While I was at it I smoothed the fingergrooves down just a bit and removed the annoying lip on one of my mags. After buffing it out couldn't tell a rookie got a hold of it. It felt way better after that little bit. Good luck.

8. Steve333

Steve333

Thanks for the hint. If it turns into something bothersome, I may do exactly the same thing.

9. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Try the Corbon pow'r ball!
    It is one *** kick'n round!
    Super Hot!
    Really the only two particular rounds that do not feed properly(In most cases with the G36) are the Corbon JHP's and Gold Dots because of the cavity.:)