Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My initial intention was to go and compare the 30 and 30sf to see which felt better in my hand, but in the 2 days since i called my local gunshop they sold the 30sf so I went ahead and bought the 30 . It actually felt real good to me except my pinky needs a little more wiggle room so I ordered some Pearce grip extensions for it. Can't pick it up til next week as it needss to be put on my Carry Permit. Now to decide on a IWB holster.

·
GTDS FOR LIFE
10,587 Posts
Great choice. Congrats

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
The most comfortable IWB holster is the Crossbreed Supertuck.
If you wear it all day every day this is the holster to get.
Had a lot of holsters in my time and this is the one I recommend.

·
Registered
260 Posts
+1 on the Supertuck, I carry my 30sf in one daily and love it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
would it be comfortable with shirt untucked and holster against your skin?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the holster recommendation guys. I'll let you know what I think of the gun when I get it next week. Any recommendations for a good SD load.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Thanks for the holster recommendation guys. I'll let you know what I think of the gun when I get it next week. Any recommendations for a good SD load.
I use the Winchester Ranger SXT 230grn, in my G30.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Paid $529 with reg sights for mine (not LE). +1 on the crossbreed supertuck holster. As for SD ammo... 230gr. +p Federal HST, good luck finding them though, at least down in south florida...

·
Banned
721 Posts
Paid $529 with reg sights for mine (not LE). +1 on the crossbreed supertuck holster. As for SD ammo... 230gr. +p Federal HST, good luck finding them though, at least down in south florida...
I hear that. I'm in the keys and things are scarce with huge prices. 1 guy has gold sabers for 49.99 a box. 230grain. Unreal. Glad i stocked up last year on the hst's. They are my choice for on and off carry. Good luck finding any.
3 1/2 years is a long time , anything could happen but when obama steps down things will get muchg better.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Congrats on the G30!! Nice gun!!

For the most comfortable IWB make sure to look into the Comp-Tac MTAC! I have had mine for over 6 months now and I carry my G19 and my 1911 Govt. in it and it feels GREAT!!

Check out their website: http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php

Have Fun!! The G30 is a GREAT .45 and actually one of the more accurate Glocks out there! :D

Art
www.SecondAmendmentTaskForce.com

·
Registered
845 Posts
Congrats on the G30. I wish I had just got the G30 instead of the G30SF that I got and sent back to Glock that is now being replaced by a standard G30. To anyone interested in a G30SF, I'd hold off for a while until there are more consistent reports of flawless ones. I was carrying 230gr Gold Dots before I sent back the 30SF. I have some Federal HST 230gr +P on order, it's been a while and still don't have them. No rush I guess, since Glock won't have my new G30 to me for 4-6 weeks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts