close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bought a Bulgarian Makarov & Polish Radom P-64

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Seattle206, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Seattle206

Seattle206

Impluse buy, both super cheap from aimsurplus, ordered them two nights ago.

Don't know anything about these two guns just thought It would be cool to have some old school looking pistols to add to the "collection". From what I have heard the Maks are suppose to be really good shooters.

Any experience w/ either one of these pistols? Any recommended brands of ammunition? Thanks.

2. rtl

rtl Robby The Guy Millennium Member

they both shoot the same makarov cartridge, but only the bulgarian is a true 'makarov'. the p-64 is a similar style. i've owned both the p-64 and an east german mak and think they're both nice pistols, with the p-64 being the better buy IMO. the trigger on the p-64 is horrible, but some replacement springs should fix that right up i hear.

3. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I have 16 Makarovs and 3 P-64.

The Makarov is pretty much a all around good gun, being well made, accurate and reliable with simple construction.

The P-64 is a decent gun after changing the main spring. It is fairly well made, accurate and reliable. It has a little more complicated construction. Some people find it quite punishing to shoot.

The P-64 gives the impression of being smaller than the Makarov but they are close to the same size.
    [​IMG]

The Makarov magazine holds 8 rounds and spare magazines are not too hard to find.
    The P-64 magazine holds 6 rounds and magazines are almost impossible to find.

I don't know of any currently manufactured ammo that won't work well in both guns.

The price of the Makarovs is climbing fast. The P-64 not so much.

With an average shooter both guns preform quite well out to 50+ yards when shooting while standing.

Makarov.
    [​IMG]

P-64
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010