Bought a brand new glock 38

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by theTactician, Apr 15, 2007.

1. theTactician

theTactician

hi guys! long time no see. anyway, i just bought awhile ago a glock 38 pistol from turner's outdoorsman. Its chambered with the new .45 GAP caliber. Its a liitle bit shorter than the .45 ACP. im not sure if it has less recoil than the standard 45 cal. I havent even tested it yet. some say that using the winchester 230 grain can give me better groupings using this new 45 GAP. Anybody here who have tried to use this round? i dont know, it could be just a fad now, but im hoping that this new round could last a long time and not just some fad that is destined to fade sooner or later.
    one box of 45 GAP 50 rounds would cost something like 20 dollars plus. expensive. well, im the kinda guy who wants to always try something new.
    I still have to wait an agonizing 10 more days before i can get hold of my new Glock 38.
    I love my Glock 23 mariner though. loved shooting it. never had any problems with it and im hoping that this new glock 38 .45 GAP would perform better.
    any thoughts about this new round? thanks guys

2. MERCMADE

MERCMADE BULLET PROOF

tried one while i was there, liked that a 45 fitted in a small frame.I have medium hands and they felt good, I'm not very good with gauging recoil though, felt like a .40 to me.
    what scares me though is that it borders on high pressure just to make the velocity of the faster standard 45 defensive loads.Naiisip ko lang if the glocks are prone to kbs paano na.

3. atmarcella

atmarcella

i think ang saami pressure rating ng 45gap is lower than .40s&w, so i guess chances are its safer;)

4. theTactician

theTactician

can it really be prone to kabooms?

5. isuzu

isuzu

That's why the .45 GAP uses small pistol primers to prevent pressure spikes on the cartridge.

6. theTactician

theTactician

also, ive just recently read in an article that the 45 GAP has a thicker brass casing than the 45 ACP. it's primer is the same as the 9mm primers so there could be a reduced chance of a kaboom.
    hope so.
    well, ive always been a fan of glock. i still have my glock 23 mariner and no matter what other people say (specially the 1911 fans), i'll always love my glocks.

7. theTactician

theTactician

this glock 38 that i just bought only has 8+1 round capacity. if i buy the pearce grips, that would give me 1 more bullet which could make it 9+1. for a ccw defensive pistol, this would do right?
    question....it would be a disadvantage on my part to join any IPSC competition right? should i join IDPA competitions instead?
    I've just recently signed up as member of IDPA.

8. theTactician

theTactician

the georgia police department and the new york state troopers are not officially adapting the glock 37 and glock 39 chambered in 45 GAP as their official handguns. they feel better using it than the old 45 ACP pistols. much better handling, so they say.

9. vega

vega

All firearms are prone to Kb.

Tact - Too bad you can't get the G21SF.

10. theTactician

theTactician

well, i guess you're right, all guns are prone to kabooms. and besides, i've always trusted glocks. i've always been a glock fan since. i like it better than my HK. shoots better and sounds better.
    just follow the manufacturer's advise to never use lead reloads and ammos with +p+ (overpressure) and you'll do just fine.
    glocks are used by many police departments here in the u.s. some of them have began adapting the 45 GAP already and also the austrian special forces unit called the EKO cobra task force have been using glock 17, 19 and 26 as their standard handguns.
    so i guess, glock still is the epitome of perfection.

11. theTactician

theTactician

[​IMG]

me and my glock 38 chambered in .45 GAP cal.

12. theTactician

theTactician

[​IMG]

me and my glock 38, chambered in 45 GAP

13. theTactician

theTactician

I've put at least 500 rounds on my glock 38 without a hiccup. :) mostly i used 230 grain of 45 GAP and everything went well. accuracy wise, it's pretty accurate at 20-25 feet. I must say that i like it better than my glock 23 mariner.