Boudreaux

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by okie, Feb 18, 2007.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Boudreaux, a Cajun highlander from Rapides Parish in central Louisiana, was an older, single gentleman, who was born and raised a Baptist, living in South Louisiana. Each Friday night after work, he would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak.

Now, all of Boudreaux's neighbors were Catholic... And since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Fridays. The strong delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest. The priest came to visit Boudreaux, and suggested that Boudreaux convert to Catholicism. After several classes and much study, Boudreaux attended Mass and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Baptist and raised a Baptist, but now you are Catholic."

Boudreaux's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood. The priest was called immediately by the neighbors and, as he rushed into Boudreaux's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped in amazement and watched.

There stood Boudreaux, clutching a small bottle of water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat, and chanted: "You wuz born a deer, and you wuz raised a deer, but now you a catfish."

2. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Man, now I'm hungry for Cajun catfish.

3. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Boudreaux's best friend is named Clarence. That's pronounced "Clay-rance." And for you Yankees, Boudreaux's name is pronounced "Bood-roe."

Boudreaux and Clarence jokes are classics. "The two are always going up on the bayou in their piroux." (That is pronounced pee-roe.)

Here is a Boudreaux and Clarence joke:

So, this ole Cajun is sitting on his porch looking out into the bayou when his neighbor Clarence goes by, poling his piroux (that's a boat and you have a dirty mind, my friend) and sees that Clarence has a boatful of cats.

Boudreau hollers at Clarence "Hey, Clarence, what you doin' with dem kitties, eh?"

Says Clarence "I'm agoin' catfishin'."

Boudreau says as his friend poles out of sight "You know you ain't gonna catch no catfish with that!"

Later on, ole Clarence poles upstream with a boatload of catfish almost sinking the piroux.

A couple days later, ole Clarence is poling down the bayou and Boudreau sees that the piroux is filled with empty sugar bags and corn seed bags.
    He asks his friend "Where you think you goin now, Clarence?" and ole Clarence says "I'm goin’ to my hideyhole and make some homebrew."

So, Boudreau say "Boy, you know you about dumber than a box of rocks you think you gonna make any sour mash like that!" as Clarence goes on his way.

Sure enough, a few hours later, Clarence comes back poling against the current with a boat loaded to the gunnels with whiskey bottles, and he's afraid to make any sudden moves or he'll tump the boat over.

A few days later, Boudreau is out whittling on his porch and sees ole Clarence headed downstream again and this time the piroux is just plumb full of p***y-willow branches.

Boudreau jumps to his feet and hollers "Hey Clarence, hole on dere! Lemme get my new boots! I go wit ya!"