close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Botach Tactical

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BurkC, Feb 26, 2010.

1. BurkC

BurkC BoomerShooter

All of the old Botach Tactical threads I could find have been closed so I had to start a new one.

I wanted to order a Blade-Tech holster from Botach but after reading several bad reviews online I decided to call Dan at Botach and see what was going on first hand. He was aware of the reviews and said they had begun a concerted effort to change their reputation. He assured me the holster I wanted was in stock so I went online and ordered it in an effort to give them a chance to redeem themselves from the bad reviews. I gave my word to Dan at Botach that I would post a good review if everything was satisfactory. Well, everything is more than satisfactory. Here is a summary of my order:

2/22/10 Ordered Blade-Tech holster received confirmation e-mail
    2/23/10 received confirmation e-mail of shipment via UPS with tracking #
    2/26/10 received holster as ordered

Can't complain about that kind of service! Good job Botach!

I give Botach Tactical a "5 hollowpoint rating"! (the first 5 I've ever given)

2. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

I have ordered from them a couple of times. I always got my stuff in a timely manner.

3. hamburger

hamburger

I'm glad you got good service. My experience was just the opposite. I didn't get a name, but I really don't care for rude people over the phone.

They may have changed their policy, but when I placed an order of 5 items and 1 was on back order, 4 items were not shipped until the 5th item was available. So I just cancelled that 5th item instead of waiting for an unknown time so I can get my other purchased items.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  4. J_Rico

J_Rico

I have seen lots of the "bash Botach" threads, while I had no problems. Made perhaps a dozen orders without an issue.

My last order (placed a couple weeks before Christmas) was a bunch of hassle. Backorders, late shipment, slow communication, etc. The lady I worked with kept at it though and they eventually got it fixed. If this had been my first order, it would also be my last. As it is, the good outweighs the bad.

5. The Habit

The Habit كافر

I've ordered countless Glock mags from Botach and plenty of CR123A batteries. Never a single problem. Of course, I've never had to call them either. Place the orders online and the stuff just shows up.

6. 18jms

18jms I love Guns

Called the other day several times to check if they had a liger gun belt in stock. No one answered the phone. I went elsewhere.

7. Tikiwolf

Tikiwolf

I've made 3 orders online over the last 3 or 4 months. And haven't had any issues. I've always got my package withing a week or so.

8. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Starting a new thread when all the old ones have been closed, is usually not a good idea.

As a side note, it looks like Dan at Botach is trying very hard to turn the reputation around. I have seen him posting on another forum.

9. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I've ordered from Botach 3 times since the last Botach bash thread and have received my orders perfectly. :dunno:

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

One of their major problems is that they do not say on the item's page whether it is in stock or not, or how many are in stock. I suspect they have done that for two reasons: a lack of inventory discipline, and a desire to try to capture sales, by hoping that the item is back in stock when an order is picked for shipment. I think it is a stupid policy - it alienates customers, adds a lot of phone calls to customer service (such as it is), complicates picking the order, and leaves an open backorder that has to be dealt with.

These hassles, and stories of people ordering high dollar optics and finding junk in the item box (probably scammed by customers who returned items to Botach and the return was not checked, just put back on the shelf), scared me off.

11. rem2429

rem2429

I've had good and bad results. To err is human. As long as it is fixed, I have no real complaints.

12. Centurion6

Centurion6

My last experience was a bad one. Ordered GALCO Royal Guard IWB for my Glock 26 and a Galco clip on magazine carrier. Took 2 months to get the holster and when the package came, no magazine carrier. I've left voicemails and sent email with no response from them. They are the worst Internet buisness I've ever dealt with.