close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boss

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by JohnJak, Jun 10, 2007.

1. JohnJak

JohnJak sadly spent

Did you ever go to a gas/service station and have the attendant call you BOSS and smile? I just found out that it means "Stupid Son Of a Beach". So the next time you go to pay the fine attendant for your gas smile and say thanks BOSS.

2. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

I never heard that before. Who told you that? I think they are jerking your chain.

3. JohnJak

JohnJak sadly spent

When you spell BOSS backwards that's what the letters stand for. It came right from the horses mouth. Give it a whirl next time you pay for your gas.

4. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

Me too...! I frequent several places and know the mangers quite well and they call me that... Boss has never bothered me...

Funny this should come up as I've been wanting to start a thread in GNG about Counter persons using slang in reference to persons... My personal gripe is being called Bubb....

5. gsbell

gsbell Consumed

Friend who used to own a truck accessory shop used to start humming the tune from Wizard of Oz "If I only had a brain" when he would get a particularly brilliant customer in the shop.

6. dougwtx

dougwtx

I'm called boss or chief quite a bit at gas stations. Guess I'm stupid, but at least I'm not working behind the counter of a gas station. :) (I don't even want to know what chief stands for backwards)

note to the politically correct: not meant to be demeaning to gas station workers.