close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BOSE Computer Speakers

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ARs&AKs, Jan 20, 2006.

1. ARs&AKs

ARs&AKs NRA Life Member

I recently purchased a set of BOSE brand computer speakers from Sam's Club. They were $59.99 and they sound great! I had always wondered why people spent big money on BOSE radios and now I know why. IMHO these are a great deal for the money.

2. pyblood

pyblood

What's the model number? I may be in the market for a new set of PC speakers.

3. ARs&AKs

ARs&AKs NRA Life Member

They are BOSE MediaMate speakers. #031095.
    Really nice!

4. powasky

powasky

Bah. Skip the BOSE and pick up some Klipsch. I got my speakers maybe 6 months ago and the sound quality is awesome. Nice clean bass with a sweet treble response.

5. ARs&AKs

ARs&AKs NRA Life Member

How much $$ ?

6. powasky

powasky

I got a set of 2.1 speakers for 135 at bestbuy. Surprisingly, Newegg has them listed for 150.

7. ARs&AKs

ARs&AKs NRA Life Member

Ok then. For anyone wanting great speakers at less than half the price of Klipsch, get BOSE! :cool:

8. DragonRider

DragonRider

9. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

+1

Trust me, this statement is absolutely correct.

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX desktop speakers... I picked them up through Dell for under $120 during a special sale, and there is NOTHING out there under $500 that will even come close. Match it up with a quality soundcard (in my case, external Creative Audigy2), and you're going to be blown away. These speakers are LOUD and very clear. The thump from the subwoofer is amazing.

Caution: Klipsch will make realize that everything else is sub-par.

10. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

Also want to add...

Some people settle for regular $40 desktop speakers because they figure it's "good enough", but you will never regret the $130 or so you'll spend on the Klipsch. You're going to enjoy the music you play like never before.

11. powasky

powasky

^ good posting. There's no way I regret spending the money I did on my speakers. They made me realize how crappy my old Creative speakers were.

Like Norman already stated, you'll listen to your music in a completely different way.

12. nickg

nickg

i spent $35 for my new Logitech speakers w/sub and they rock. and they ARE "good enough" for me. i just want some decent speakers to listen to internet radio or monitor my mp3 player tunes when i'm on my computer.

when i want "quality" audio i'll listen to my DVD-A and SACD multichannel discs on my home theater system.

i don't need, want, or care about 5.1 or 7.1 setups for my computer nor do i care about spending a LOT of money for computer speakers.

13. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

Granted... to many, it is unnecessary, and I can understand that. In my case, I do not have a home theater setup, or even a television. I watch my television through my LCD computer monitor, when I watch any. And so the money I save myself on a stand-alone dvd player, big TV, home stereo dedicated for the TV, etc is how I justify spending a little more on the "computer" speakers. DVD movies through the Klipsch speakers gives a sound experience better than any theater I've ever been to.

14. Seminoles

Seminoles Millennium Member

I have the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 setup and they are great. I paid $399.99 from Best Buy. Logitech also makes pretty good speakers.