close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Books on terrorism

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by HavinaPretzel, Nov 26, 2006.

1. HavinaPretzel

HavinaPretzel Go Hokies!

I'm looking for a few books on terrorism, fundamentalist Islam, the history of all the fighting in the middle east, and stuff like that. What do you guys recommend?

2. longhaulcop

longhaulcop

1. Understanding Arabs “a guide for westerners” by Margaret K. (Omar) Nydell
    2. Terrorism “A Investigators Handbook” by William E. Dyson.
    3. Inside Terrorism by Bruce Hoffman.

They even have Islam for Dummies that is out should you not want to dive to deep into it. Hope this helps

3. HavinaPretzel

HavinaPretzel Go Hokies!

Thanks! I've decided to start with Inside Terrorism

4. Sundog

Sundog Thread Killer

I recommend American Jihad-The Terrorists Living Among Us by Steven Emerson

5. snowbird

snowbird

Hi HavinaPretzel in SE VA.

My family and I visited Virginia Beach last August and also in 2004. Nice place!

Anyway, at Lynhaven Mall, I bought Robert Spencer's "The Politically Incorrect Guide To Islam (And The Crusades)" He points out where Islamic terrorism comes from. You commonly get the most flak when you're right on the target, according to the Air Force, so that would explain why some Muslim on RevivingIslam.com flamed Robert Spencer by saying, "May Allah rip out his spine from his back and split his brains in two, then put them both back, and then do it over and over again. Amen."

This fall I bought and read Mark Steyn's "America Alone" which is subtitled "The End Of The World As We Know It". He points out how Islamofascist terrorism is being aided and abetted by craven multiculturalists here in the West. He got denounced by the Saudi Ambassador to the US, Prince Turki al-Faisal, "The arrogance of Mark Steyn knows no bounds."

I liked both books and recommend them.