close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Book Stores...

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by GreatWhiteShark, Jan 10, 2006.

1. GreatWhiteShark

GreatWhiteShark

Anyone here like to spend a few hours roaming around at book stores? Most of my friends dont like to read, well thats not true. They DONT read. Id rather be at a book store, then watching a sports game on TV, feels like i get more out of it.

Usually Barnes & Nobel, but on occasion used book stores, or discount book sales are good too. A couple years ago, i dropped close to 500 bucks in books at a discount sale, some books were listed at like 40 and i snatched them at half off or more. SCORE!

A very wide range of books, most around combat, war, psychology,biographies, eastern philosopy and abstract books. Mainly anything that caught my eye at the time.

Most of my interest is in weapons and handgun tactics and all, but its nice to get into other topics, broaden the horizon a little. A few self improvment books. Tony robbins books are actually pretty well written and easily read.

A new favorite is Thick Face, Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu: The warrior philisophy for conquering challenges of business and life.

The other is Striking Thoughts: Bruce Lee's Wisdom for Everyday Living

Anyone one else read any of these??

2. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

I love bookstores as well. Especially USED bookstores. Paying full price is a killer. I love scouring the history and literature sections for really old copies of the classics.

3. gconan

gconan

Sometimes you can find some really valuable books at used bookstores! At great bargins! I go to the New ones to. If they don't have anything, you can still get coffe.

4. PortGambleCop

PortGambleCop