close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

book influencing your gun purchase

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by tshadow6, Feb 8, 2007.

1. tshadow6

tshadow6

I will admit I bought my BHP because it was featured in the book "Serpico". Who else has chosen a gun because of a novel?

2. daydreamer

daydreamer

Guilty. In the Spenser novels by Robert Parker the character Hawk carried a .44 mag. On the TV show, which I became acquainted with first, Hawk carried a nickel Colt Python. One day I was browsing a gun shop and came across a 6" Python for $300. Best purchase I've ever made. P.S. Got the .44 later on.

3. Skydivn Shooter

Skydivn Shooter Will Jump4 Ammo

I've read just about every book James Patterson has written and the fact that Dr. Alex Cross and his partner Sampson carry Glocks influenced my decision to purchase my first Glock.

Owning one influenced my decision to buy another and owning two is killing me to own three.

4. seamus

seamus

The Spenser novels influenced my purchases too. I bought a S&W snubbie and then CZ-75's instead of BHP's because they are cheaper and better pistols imhop.

5. ISRAEL_FTW!!!<3

ISRAEL_FTW!!!<3

omg Robert Parker is an awesome author, the Spenser novels are among my favorite books ever list as well as anything by Stephen Hunter.

on topic: i've never owned a rifle before, but if i were to buy one, i'd be happy to have anything Bob Lee Swagger was satisfied with (yes, i know he is a fictional character :p ).

6. rdsharp

rdsharp

Do you flick their safeties off before you shoot your Glocks, like Patterson's characters do? :rofl:

Sorry. I own all of Patterson's books, but he doesn't know beans about guns.

7. A_Fletcher

A_Fletcher Yardwork Ninja

Man on Fire by A. J. Quinnel influenced me to buy a Beretta. Then I saw the movie, and I tried to shoot a Glock 34. But seeing as how the gun's more or less as long as my forearm, I kept going smaller in size until I got to the 19 which is my EDC. :)

8. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter (the movie Shooter is based on it) the character in the book has a Remington 700. I'm considering getting one.

9. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

Huh? I thought Swagger loved his Winchester Model 60's. Maybe he used a 700 for the final fight, but the character definitely prefered Winchesters.

10. brownmajik

brownmajik Manu Militari

I liked one of Dick Marcinko's books (can't remember which one) where he was in Japan and one of the JSDF guys there gave him a "Grock Nine Mirrimeter." Classic. I still say that $h!t when I fire my G23, only I changed it to "Grock Forty Cariberrrr!!" Thanks Demo Dick, for another bleeper blanking good line! :laughing:

11. squirtgun

squirtgun

The last three books that i have read gave me a total about face. Unintended Consequences
    Enemies Foreign and Domestic
    Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista
    These are great books for 2nd Amendment believers. You won't be able to put them down.

12. Riverwarrior

Riverwarrior

Back in the late 80s, I purchased a Detonics CombatMaster .45. I was influenced by the "Survivalist" book series by author, Jerry Ahern, who just a few years ago, became president of Detonics.