close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bomar Rear Sight Milled Into Slide?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Mell531, May 19, 2003.

1. Mell531

Mell531

Hi Guys,
    This will be my first Glock match coming up in June and I'm not clear on somethings. Can I use a Bomar rear sight melted into a Glock 35 slide in the Competition category? What sights can be used on a G35 in that category besides stock Glock rear sights? Thanks for your help and good luck to you all this year.
    DVC,
    Mell

;I

2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Buried Bomars aren't allowed, but you can use drop in Bomars. I have the CGR Custom Cut Bomars on my Glock 17 and I love them.

Here's the link to the CGR Bomars.

http://www.gunracing.com/Qstore/p000002.htm

Here's the rules on sights, taken straight from the Glock Report.

You may use aftermarket sights that offer a "Patridge" (that is, square/rectangular front post and square/rectangular rear sight notch) sight picture similar to the sight picture characteristic of sights offered by GLOCK, Inc. that do not (in the sole opinion of GSSF) provide a significant competitive advantage advantage and provided further, that their installation does not require milling or other dimensional changes to the slide (no “buried Bo-Mars” or similar installations).

The luminous nature of fiber optic sights constitute an unfair competitive advantage and may only be used if the light-gathering feature is removed or defeated. You may therefore use “light gathering” fiber optic types of sights ONLY IF the optical fibers are removed or are taped or painted over with removable paint (suggested; spray-on "sight black" products) or another covering that defeats the light-gathering nature of the sight, so that the actual sight picture from the shooter’s perspective is that of a standard, non-luminous, “Patridge”-type sight picture.

You may also use other brands of Tritium-activated night sights similar to the Trijicon and Meprolight night sights offered by GLOCK, Inc that offer a Patridge- type sight picture.

Hope this helps.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Sorry but the melted in sights put you in Unlimited. The drop in Bomars, Heines, Dawsons and any other post and notch sights are generally allowed as long as they don't have any fiber optic. You can have the fiber optic if they are painted over. You can check out all the rules at www.gssfonline.com

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Mell,

Competition Category is for stock longslide and factory ported Glocks. You are only peremitted the same modifications as Amateur/Civilian Category. Milling the slide is a modification that places you in Unlimited/Masters Category.

5. Mell531

Mell531

Hi Guys,
    Thanks Dale, Jerry and Danny for all your help with the sights, I got it now. Good luck and good shooting.
    DVC,
    Mell

;I