GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Deus Diligo USA
3,204 Posts
This country does not have a "gun culture". There is a very large "violence culture" and as long as there is, I will choose to protect myself the best way I can. With my HK USPc.
Definately not by laying on the ground, cowering like a rabbit.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Costas lost all respect from me when he kept rambling on about "military artillery". I was like, Bill!!! Put him in his place. Costas obviously didn't do a damn bit of research if he doesn't know that you can't just stroll into Cabela's and walk out with a fully automatic AR.
On a side note, who else wishes R. Lee Ermey was sitting in O'Rielly's seat?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Replace O'Really with the SAVAGE!
Savage has said he does not support people having 100 round magazines.He is no better than O'Reilly.

·
Always Carrying
3,144 Posts
I don't feel sorry for any of these people. Plant a carrot....get a carrot. The Thug Gun Culture can kill themselves all day long for all I care. If people choose to associated with them and die.....oh well. Their choice. None of them are innocent by any means. Seems harsh but it is what it is.

·
NRA Patriot Life Member
7,492 Posts
40 percent of gun purchases in the US do not require a background check?? Huh?

·
Some Dude
7,981 Posts
OReilly has a man crush on Costa.....hence, he didn't want to be too hard on him! :rofl:

Never been a big fan of OReilly.....still have no urgency to watch him much.

:wavey:

red

·
Registered
13,774 Posts
I can't believe O'Riley let him get away with the automatic comment ...

Costas was alluding that anybody can legally purchase "military style artillery, body armor, and fully automatic weapons" all without a background check. :faint:
And that goes to my point of Bill not being good with facts and logic.
I don't think that he intentionally let him get away with it. I think he just didn't know any better, because he didn't have the right info to be able to argue the point.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go purchase some mortars for my backyard. My neighbor parked his car at a funny angle, so I think it is time to escalate the situation and start shelling him :supergrin:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Its funny. In one breath, Costas says that some guns are way too dangerous for "citizens" to own. In another breath, he says us "citizens" wouldn't be able to even defend ourselves with them. If the guns are so dangerous, why won't we be able to defend ourselves with them?

·
Some Dude
7,981 Posts
Costa spouts more hyperbole than anything else.

It is very obvious he wishes to have more gun control.....i.e. training to buy a gun etc. His facts are alarming.....40% of guns purchase require no background check...please qualify this statement..

I love his description of the CO theater shooting if more people had guns in there!

He is a left wing nutjob! Or actually a media leftist elitist!

red

·
Registered
944 Posts
If Costas is on television, the channel gets changed.

You can't fix stupid but you don't have to listen to it.

HH

·
Always Carrying
3,144 Posts
Costa spouts more hyperbole than anything else.

It is very obvious he wishes to have more gun control.....i.e. training to buy a gun etc. His facts are alarming.....40% of guns purchase require no background check...please qualify this statement..

I love his description of the CO theater shooting if more people had guns in there!

He is a left wing nutjob! Or actually a media leftist elitist!

red
Remember.....let people like him die in the theatre.

·
Some Dude
7,981 Posts
Remember.....let people like him die in the theatre.
He prolly wouldn't be the first one on my list. :supergrin:

red

·
WWJMBD?
2,247 Posts
Costas is a PC tool. He's not really talking about the "gun culture" - those of us who frequent this board know what that is and are almost universally members of it. As has been stated, we're generally quite anal about safety, responsibility, and being non-confrontational. We also tend to be among the most law-abiding demographic in the culture.

No, Costas is really talking about the "thug culture." He can't call it that because the term has socio-economic and racial overtones that are strictly forbidden in PC speech. The thug culture is characterized by violence as a response to virtually any slight or insult, real or perceived. Often, but certainly not always, guns play a role in this violence. But that's strictly secondary to the cause of the violence, and has nothing to do with the "gun culture" as we know the term.

Of course, lumping the two together is a win-win for the left: they avoid calling out "thugs" by name (a PC no-no), and at the same time associate folks like us with the likes of them, strengthening their case for more stringent restrictions on firearms across the board.

·
NRA Patriot Life Member
7,492 Posts
The last thing Bill said to him was, "I know you have security there, lots of it". Guess that is a good reason that Bobby doesn't need a gun. If I could afford security around me, I may not need to carry either. Same ole' elitist attitude we have heard before. I can't help but think almost any of us here could have done a better job than Bill did with Bob.

·
Banned
4,632 Posts
Ugh, that made me sick. You can just see the smug elitism dripping from li'l Bobby's chin.

The next few years will be a full court press on gun control from all angles.

·
Señor Member
4,842 Posts
O'Reilly didn't do the best, however, he tried. Given all the hosts of primetime talkshows, he was the only person to bring Costas on and while he didn't exactly skewer him, he did give him enough rope to expose himself further.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts