close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bob Costas Anti-Gun Statement

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by INJoker, Dec 2, 2012.

1. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

guys you don't understand.... See, if we made guns illegal, and you were thinking of killing someone, you wouldn't go get a gun, because they would be illegal, and you wouldn't want to break the law right before you killed someone, that'd be illegal! :wow:

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

I would guess his comments had zero effect on people's opinion on gun control. I really don't think this guy is held in esteem by many for his "wise" political views.

The NFL is not what it once was IMO, I have lost interest in their product :)

3. Longhammer

Longhammer

It's all about the spin. There are enough nut jobs out there acting out iresponsibly without Bob citing this weak example. What Bob should have said, was that this is just one more case of a brain injured linebacker going over the line. But Bob didn't say that. He chose to try and deflect the blame to somewhere other than the game of football. I really think the concussion angle has more merit than the bad gun argument. I think it has more to do with the personality of the type of person that is attracted by the sport in the first place. Violence is a big part of football. And I recall hearing once that linebackers in particular were identified as having all the attributes to make the classic commando. Recruiters know this I was told. There are similarities at work here on some level in my opinion. Pretty hard to rationalize all the combat, violence and social angles . But I think that is what makes it so interesting and exciting. We are not much different than the romans in their day watching Gladiators do battle.

4. DARKSHADOW

DARKSHADOW My Work Hobby CLM

5. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Costa is trying to back track now. He is trying to say he didn't have enough time to say what he really wanted to say and was misunderstood. I saw....we see your colors Costa....and they run!

:wavey:

red

6. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Then he should be for disarming athletes and not everyone else.. The same could be said for expensive sports cars and anything else that can be used to kill, hurt, or maim if used incorrectly or with evil intent.

7. HexHead

HexHead

Let's not forget in 1988 when he called the Dodgers "the weakest team to ever play in the World Series".

They easily beat the dominating Oakland A's, with Eckersley and the Bash Brothers.

8. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

This will be my answer anytime someone ask me why I own a gun.

Brilliant!

9. Berto

Berto woo woo

I heard some of that yesterday. What a pathetic little twit, he can't even man-up to what he damn well knows he was saying.

10. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

costas and the msnbc goofball both "forgot to remember" :whistling: what costas actually said.

Please review the above video's words, from costas himself, starting at 00:24, and on through to the 00:33 mark. here too.

It is clearly obvious to me what costas believes in his own heart and mind. He was in complete, full, and total agreement with what whitlock wrote in the article that costas himself felt so compelled to quote verbatim. costas agreed 100%, or he lied to NFL Monday Night viewers, or he is lying to Americans now. Plain and simple.

costas needs gone or I'm saying bye bye to all things NFL.

Today I have to write a letter to my hometown team's owner letting him know that if costas stays, no more ticket or promotional gear purchases from me. I hope others will do the same with their home team's ownership and front office.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  11. redbaron007

You're being tooo kind by calling him a twit! I had some other fine choice, 4/5 letter words. I'm not sure the GT rules would allow us to really state what he is! :rofl:

red

12. Harper

Harper

Yeah, he's trying to say he was referring to the gun culture being a problem. What gun culture is he referring to? The one with an almost puritanical view of personal responsibility regarding fire arms?

13. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Another Liberal dumbaZZ,....the gun is not the problem,
    it's the person!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  14. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

That's the problem me thinks.......there are an awful lot of people who think exactly that way.:wavey:

15. Longhammer

Longhammer

I am convinced that Bob Costas is the NFL's mouthpiece. His anti-gun retoric was an attempt to distract and re-direct a growing awareness of brain injuries that manifest as horrible tragedies. He could very well be he next NFL commissioner, if he makes this all away. If there is one thing the NFL is worried about, it is head trauma lawsuits. The issue is being ignored by the sports media networks. Hundereds of billions of dollars are at the root of all this denial. When was the last time anyone saw a list of football injuries, and deaths from pewee to the pro players? Football is what it is because it is a contact sport. But given our country's appetite for litigation..., Let me just say, there will probably will be a warning from the surgeon general on the inside of a football helmet some day, If it's not already there. I think we as gun owners are being made into scapegoats.

16. redbaron007

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear the NFL has this stance. Over the last couple of years, I've wonder if the NFL is not being ran by men with more estrogen than testosterone! The NFL seems to becoming more of a 'feeling' type organization.....it more about ones feelings than anything else. You know, you can't tackle anymore...you have to go up and touch them on the shoulder and tell them they are tackled now. :rofl:

red

17. HoldHard

HoldHard

Actually just the opposite. He is "doubling down" on his position.

http://www.infowars.com/bob-costas-y...bad-happening/

His Google-Fu is weak.

I usually don't quote Alex Jones but this is right off of Costas' own program.

On Bill O'Reilly's program, he said that fully automatic weapons can be purchased without a background check. Link to GlockTalk thread.

Enough. I'm writing the owner of the local NFL team and telling him that I am no longer buying tickets to go to the game, no longer buying NFL related items and no longer watching the NFL on television. What I am going to do is go through the DVR'ed football game and note the sponsors. They will be boycotted and then write them letters indicating that they are being boycotted until

COSTAS IS FIRED!!!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  18. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Yeah, the best thing football could do to get rid of a lot of UNNECESSARY head traumas at all levels of play would be to remove the facemasks from the helmets. Allow the QBs, the punters, and kickers to keep them, but no one else.

It is a lot deeper than just being made scapegoats, but you are almost correct and on the right track.

There is coming a HUGE storm of propaganda against guns, and by default, "those who cling to their bibles and guns." This propaganda has been like waves at the beach on a Spring day. As waves little by little wash the sand away, so too has the propaganda little by little removed the rights of gun owners. They know the vast majority of facts indicate that legal gun owners are not the problem, so they have decided to stick with making guns the villain.

In this way, it matters not whether one is a law abiding citizen, or a criminal, the problem as they state it will be guns that are the problem. Only guns at first. I may be wrong, but think about it for a bit, this would be the easiest stratagem.

The only thing standing between law abiding gun owners and confiscation of their guns are people like you, me, and others openly exposing the true nature of gun grabbers foolish rhetoric and lies.

barry soetoro only has four more years, so knowing, what the united nations is planning to try in the uSA at this time is not merely waves slowly eating at our constitutional rights, but they are trying to stir up a HUGE storm surge from all their propaganda outlets, and one of these outlets has been, now it's undeniable, and is the NFL.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  19. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg

Ok since a Cowboys player just drunkenly killed a teammate in a car wreck, we need to now have strict alcohol and car control. Bob Costas logic.

I also went to a gun-show today, according to ole Bob, I should have been shot roughly 50 times..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

20. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

To me, it just sounds like it is way too dangerous to be around a football player, can we ban them?