close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bob Costas Anti-Gun Statement

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by INJoker, Dec 2, 2012.

1. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

I know suck when i see it. So should you since your posts are in the same box with it.

2. CharlieDelta127

CharlieDelta127

If anyone is interested, here is NBC's mailing address.

NBC News
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, N.Y. 10112

3. kat1950

kat1950

This idiot has been running off at the mouth with his liberal attitude since his 2007 criticism of George Bush not being qualified for the Presidency and how it is now evident he has been a failure. Just another NBC commie.

4. TX Archer

TX Archer

The letter that I'm writing and personalizing to all my friends (the names you see are my two U.S Senators and my Congressman):
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    (Name),

I'm sure you're in tune to the criticism following the Bob Costas editorial last night. I'm sending this letter individually to all my gun rights supporting friends. I wrote a letter to NBC and I plan to write to every company that I find out advertises on their sports broadcasts. The network may not pay attention to me or to us but they will pay attention to their ratings and their advertisers. They fired Hank Williams Jr. because they were scared and they fired Rush Limbaugh because they were scared. I feel that it's my duty to let them know how I feel on the subject in the same way that it's my duty to let John Cornyn, Ted Cruz, and Lloyd Doggett know how I feel. I have a feeling you'll be doing the same. If you'd like to write to NBC, they make it very easy at http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/

Here is what I wrote:

I am writing to make known my feelings about the editorial given by Bob Costas on Sunday night's football halftime show. I watch football to be entertained. I do not watch to learn the personal opinion of broadcasters regarding social or political issues. Mr. Costas crossed the line last night by giving HIS feelings about gun control in the United States. One might also assume he had the blessing of NBC Sports and expressed the feelings of your executives as well. I disagree with his ideology and cannot endorse or support a program which is used as a vehicle to influence the opinions of those in our society. Thus, I will not watch another program of which he is a part. I will also make this known to the companies who advertise on programs such as this.

I am a Texan and a loyal Cowboys fan as well as a football fan in general. I turned off the television in disgust last night and missed an exciting win by the Cowboys but I couldn't bear to support and garner income for you by viewing your paid advertising. Again, I will not watch another program which features Mr. Costas. You have lost this viewer. I hope you will take notice that there are many others who feel the same way.

I find it curious that Mr. Costas ignored the majority of the editorial from which he quoted. That editorial was largely critical of the National Football League. It included over 10 paragraphs about why the NFL should have postponed the Chiefs game and only two paragraphs about gun control. I have a feeling Costas and NBC are afraid to anger the NFL but not so afraid to campaign against our Bill of Rights. Which one fills the pockets of those at NBC? You have now angered many Americans and the potential financial repercussions are equally as dangerous.

Respectfully,

David Armstrong
    Austin, Texas

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  5. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

And now the comment he made today while being interviewed, the NRA is the new KKK, was his attempt to generate more PR for himself. He is volital......will say just about anything to garner attention and generate buzz.

Another example of why I don't follow him.

:wavey:

red

6. clint curtis

clint curtis

He can bob down and kiss my #$$.

7. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

He is a liberal hack and nothing more should be expected. :faint:

8. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Did it ask for more money? :rofl: HH

9. OhioGlock90

OhioGlock90

this makes me so mad!! I had a family member who committed suicide with a gun. the thought never crossed my mind to blame the gun, because the gun was just a tool he used. If someone wants to no longer be living they will do it with or without a gun.This is just someone who is ignorant to the topic saying something that sounds good.

10. randrew379

randrew379

It goes back farther than that- I've loathed him for years. When the Olympics are on, he's the guy responsible for us having to listen to a lot of "poignant" blather as opposed to actually watching the sports.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. clint curtis

clint curtis

I'm glad O.J. didn't screw it up for gun owners.

12. JBG30

JBG30

As I'm reading this thread and listening to an online feed of the local sports talk radio, the host just ripped up Costas and Whitlock for their actions. Shame it was at 1:00 am.

13. OhioGlock90

OhioGlock90

I just sent my email to NBC.

14. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

As knife owners, we've been lucky. :rofl:

15. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

:grouphug:

IMHO, bob costas would screw up commentating for a bowling tournament, but obviously he'd be a strong supporter of the 5th, 6th, & 7th frame beer rolls.

costas was drunk, or on meds, or something... had to be.

16. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Well, actually... *dragging foot on ground* he was right about bush II :eyebrow:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  17. Longhammer

Longhammer

I don't think Bob Costas fully thought out what came out of his mouth. I think he ought to stick to the teleprompter. I truly feel sorry for him. And many other misguided anti-gun liberals. The Second Ammendment is about equality, indepencence, and freedom of the individual. Until Jesus himself comes back in a blaze of glory, to restore order and righteousness on this planet, guns will have to do.

18. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

What is new is old

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE3FAY-NOiU"]Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe - YouTube[/ame]

19. glockfanbob

glockfanbob

:rofl: When do they not? :whistling:

20. mgentry

mgentry

I have always thought that Costas was an ok sports caster but he is in over his head in dealing with gun control issues. This young man had more money than he knew what to do with and it didn't make or keep him and his family happy. If it hadn't been a gun that was used, it could have been anything - a chair leg even or his fist. It is sad when people die before their time by any means. Just pray for the 3 month old child that has no parents.