Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Decent range, high on most gun prices, since you're in Hebron, you should check out Jerry's Gun Shop in Rensselaer, IN...Just my opinion though!

·
Registered
835 Posts
You ought to check out to North Porter County Conservation Club! Just a few miles North of Blythes.

http://www.npccc.net/

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mike, one of their senior salesmen, is probably the most straight-up gun salesman I've dealt with. No "let me talk to the boss" crap. He knows what a gun can go out the door for and doesn't play games. If you have bought from him before and have cash in hand you'll get a very fair price.

Their used section is pretty cool too. You can almost always find a cool Security Six or M10/19/64 for just over two bills.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought my S&W 457 45 and my Glock 33 357sig. The place is great, got great prices, and they stand behind there products. I like Troy hes the best.

·
GLOCK 26
628 Posts
Might pay a little more, but very good guns and will back up there products. I wont go anywhere else.
They will back their products I can attest to that!

I bought a Taurus PT-22 from them, after the sale was complete I asked if they minded if I used the range to see how she shot, the salesman said sure take your time it's on the house.

So I went into the range loaded my first magazine I got three rounds off and then I could no longer pull the trigger, checked the safety it was still off, so I cleared the weapon and took a closer look I could not see what was wrong. So off to talked to the salesman he was shocked and said that their gunsmith would be there in about a half hour would I mind waiting, I said sure, I figured what the heck it not like another half hour in a gun shop was never a bad thing. :cool:

The gunsmith showed up shortly and examined the pistol, he found that the trigger bar had broken. The salesman was very apologetic and offered to send it way to be repaired or he had already called the Griffith store and they had one and could send it up on Monday, it was a Friday when I picked up the gun. I said I would like the one that was in Griffith, no problem sir he said.

He called me Monday after lunch to inform me the pistol was there and ready for me to pick up. The new one fired fine, matter of fact I still have the pistol love it.

To me tho that was excellent customer service, I was very impressed by that!

I have used their range in the wintertime, it's just fine for pistol shooting. In the summer there is an outdoor range closer to me and I can shoot all day long for four dollars, they even have skeet throwers for use at no extra charge.

Blythes just couldn't compete with Midwest when I wanted to buy my G26, I really wanted to buy from Blythes because of the service I received, but the price difference was to much.

·
Registered
571 Posts
NWI is almost gun heaven. Great places to shoot, Slough, Kingsbury, Deb's in Hammond and others. Now we have Bass Pro in Portage and Cabela's in Hammond.
I still shop at Blythes both Valpo and Griffith. I think they are the nicest guys to deal with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your right Bill its heaven out here. Keep those Dems. out of office and we will enjoy are rights. Happy handgunning.

·
GLOCK 26
628 Posts
NWI is almost gun heaven. Great places to shoot, Slough, Kingsbury, Deb's in Hammond and others. Now we have Bass Pro in Portage and Cabela's in Hammond.
I still shop at Blythes both Valpo and Griffith. I think they are the nicest guys to deal with.
Kingsbury is my usual place to shoot, wonderful range, the range masters are some of the nicest guys you could meet. There is usually decent people that shoot there, however unfortunately you can see the damage from the asshats that have been there prior. :steamed:

·
GLOCK 26
628 Posts
Heck, if I can find a 2-3/4" - 3" stainless Speed Six for just over two bills, I'll make the drive up from Indy!! :cool:
You might want to give them a call, I haven't visited there in a while to see the selection of used guns. But I can sure tell you the sales staff is top notch, they WILL take care of you well.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Your right Bill its heaven out here. Keep those Dems. out of office and we will enjoy are rights. Happy handgunning.

You betcha Glockomadic, a vote for a dumbocrat is a vote FOR gun control.
Keep Indiana free..................not always perfect but I, vote Republican!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Kingsbury is my usual place to shoot, wonderful range, the range masters are some of the nicest guys you could meet. There is usually decent people that shoot there, however unfortunately you can see the damage from the asshats that have been there prior. :steamed:
I know the feeling, it is the reason to close LaSalle just south of me because of assporters.

·
GLOCK 26
628 Posts
I'm still waiting for one of Blythe's clerks to email the "dozens" of photos he has of broken, exploded and generally destroyed Glocks....

bc
What's the story behind this one? Another Anti-Glock salesman? :upeyes:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
One of their employees, both at their store and in the Sig Sauer Armorer's class made the comment that he had dozens of pictures (taken personally) of exploded and broken Glocks. He claims he also has a photo of a Glock that belongs to a local SWAT cop where the dustcover was snapped off. Apparently the cop ran his gun into a door frame and the impact broke the dustcover off.

Of course, Sig is flawless.

I've asked him twice now to send those pictures, and yet my inbox remains free of his emails....

bc

·
Registered
511 Posts
One of their employees, both at their store and in the Sig Sauer Armorer's class made the comment that he had dozens of pictures (taken personally) of exploded and broken Glocks. He claims he also has a photo of a Glock that belongs to a local SWAT cop where the dustcover was snapped off. Apparently the cop ran his gun into a door frame and the impact broke the dustcover off.

Of course, Sig is flawless.

I've asked him twice now to send those pictures, and yet my inbox remains free of his emails....

bc
Yeah he's full of B.S.

Years ago I was going to trade a Glock (3rd gen/as new in box) in and the Valparaiso store offered me $200:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you're going to go to Blythes I suggest going to Griffith and dealing with Roger, that seems to be the only way I get anything done.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think Valpo has a good range. It just got remodeled a few months ago. Ammo can get expensive, I recommend getting it from an outside source. Prices are okay, but you can barter with them. I have never bought a gun from the Valpo location, I just have never recieved good customer service. I bought my ak47 from the griffith location, but all ak's are cheap. Maybe because I am in my mid twenties they think I am a punk kid with no money. I don't approach them with a bad attitude, but for some reason they must not what me to purchase a weapon from them. It is a shame considering my collection expands roughly every three months. I don't mean to bash this place, I am sure I am an exception. I just have to call it like I see it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.