Bluetooth question

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Adams454, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Adams454

Adams454

Is there a way to listen to the music that's on my phone using my bluetooth headset?

I just don't like having to use a corded headset for the music. I have a Samsung Rogue phone and a Plantronics discovery 975 that I love. And I hope that there is some kind of way to make them work for music. I kinda like the fact that it would only be in one ear too. That way I could listen while I'm out and about without shutting out the world.

And I don't want to buy another bluetooth headset just for music. Their microphones tend to suck. The sound quality is great in the 975 I have.

2. jilverthor

jilverthor

Short answer: yes

Long answer: The phone supports that, it is just a question of the headset. You could certainly get a set of bluetooth stereo headphones and they would be supported.

ETA: Specifically the phone supports the AD2P profile, didn't check on headset

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010

3. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

If your headset will support it, yes. But it probably doesn't.

4. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

the headset and the phone must support the A2DP bluetooth profile. It should be listed in their tech specs if they support it or not.

I've got a set that lets me listen to music or a bt transmitter that automatically cuts the music when i get a phone call.