close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blue Label GSSF Discount Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MikeG36, Mar 17, 2012.

1. MikeG36

MikeG36

Looks like I have a lot to learn about the GSSF discount. I’ve been on the phone with several dealers this morning trying to find one with a Blue Label G23. The first dealer I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. After I explained it to him he said that he could order one for me but it would end up costing at least the same as full retail and possibly more depending on various fees he may have to tack on for a “special order”. I called another dealer and again, no idea what I was talking about. One more attempt same result so I went online and looked up Glock LE Dealers. There are two in my state. One will not even speak you unless you are LE the other has a constant busy signal. I emailed him but don't expect to hear back anytime soon.

Any ideas on where I can go with this? By the time you factor in shipping and transfer fees we’re at or near to full retail price. I can’t see any advantage to getting the Blue Label over the standard Red Label if pricing is the same. Am I missing something here?:dunno:

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Send an E-mail to gssf@glock.us requesting a list of participating dealers in your home State.

Price for a G17/G19/G26 sized pistol should be about $425.00

3. mrdinks

mrdinks

Don't mess around with a dealer that does not sell blue label already. If they don't know what your talking about just leave.
    Call Glock and ask, or I asked on my local gun forum and got several leads. I had to drive several hours but walked out 10 minutes later with a blue label gen 4 26 for $425

sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

4. bentbiker

bentbiker

Put your location in your profile and perhaps somebody can point you to a local dealer that participates in the program.

5. Paul53

Paul53 Scream catcher

I emailed them 2 weeks ago for the same reason. They replied that they wont "post dealers names" in email, but if you call them they claim they can be helpful. I gave up at that point.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

In that case, call 1-770-432-1202 and ask for GSSF.

Or, go to http://us.glock.com

enter your zip in upper right

Select LE tab on next screen

7. MikeG36

MikeG36

That's what I did. Two dealers in my state. One said sorry Charlie. LEO - only. The other either has the phone off the hook or gets / makes a lot of calls. But like I said, I sent him an email so maybe they'll get back to me with an answer.

8. KLRBear

KLRBear

I did what Danny said and found two dealers in my state. I had to drive 2 hours but picked up a Glock 34 today for $480. The extra $27 I saved paid for my gas to drive there. Great experience getting my first GSSF program Glock and it will not be my last.

9. MikeG36

MikeG36

Thanks for the replies guys. I just got home from one of the LGS that I've done business with in the past. He offered me a Gen 3 for $500 which is a very fair price but, I want a Gen 4 and three mags rather than two - so the search goes on. I'll keep you all posted.

BTW I'll be at an Armorer's course soon and may check there. If possible I'd really like to avoid shipping to an FFL due to the extra $50 most seem to be charging.

10. MikeG36

MikeG36

Glad it worked out for you. One of the dealers is 70 miles away and the other is just under 300. The 300 mile dealer is LEO only period so maybe I'm in luck with the guy whose phone is off the hook. :)

11. glockfan5

glockfan5

My experience has been the same as the OP. Actually, worse. What a pain in the butt this is.

I've sent several emails to gssf@glock.us and apparently if your name is not DannyR, they aren't very helpful.

12. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

What state do you live in mike ?

13. hi-power man

hi-power man Silver Member

I had similar problems last year with my first GSSF purchase. The local LE dealer, 5 miles away, did not want to deal with me. The next dealer is 70 miles each way. He did sell me a pistol but the fuels cost added to my overall price. In the end it was still less expensive than with out the GSSF discount.

14. Dragoon189

Dragoon189

the glock dealer i went through wasn't listed on the glock le dealer locator. I found mine by google search for WI gssf dealers and found other threads in different forum histories.

15. MikeG36

MikeG36

Washington. According to Glock my choices are: Burlington ~70 miles away or Spokane ~290 miles away.

16. SARDG

SARDG

$480 is the LE price. If you got it for that $$, then fine. No one purchasing a G34 via GSSF channels should expect less than $507, which is the correct GSSF price and one I personally wouldn't pay more than if the deal was F2F. (Tax and NICS call may add slightly to the OTD price.)

17. Hadoken

Hadoken

Assuming you have a telephone, just give them a call..it's nearly instant and they've always been very helpful when I give them a call.

The GSSF site says in several locations to CALL for locations of dealers, I'm sure after about 400 emails per day asking for information that they clearly don't want to post online or they would just put it on their site, they just start deleting them and hoping people will learn to read.

18. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Da Fk'n Man

If you contact Glock Customer service by phone during their normal business hours and ask them for the nearest Blue Label dealers in relation to your zip code... Just bear with them as they are sometimes overwhelmed with things but they are very helpful... The listing on the website that you can put your zip code in and click for results is often not updated and therefore talking to CS direct is your best way

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. Special Reserve

Special Reserve

I just used my coupon last Monday. I went to my local dealer and they would not give me a blue label. I took a red label G23 and hit the door. The only other 2 dealers in my state were 100 miles away. I figured I'd waste more money in gas and my time so I just bit the bullet. Only got 2 mags. it's still a pretty good deal. But the whole experience kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

20. KLRBear

KLRBear

I was surprised that I got the LE price for my G34 but I wasn't about to argue with them. I'm just too nice to do that :)