Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
NRA and GSSF Life Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue label Glock
Are they made a little better or are exactly the same?

·
Florist
20,158 Posts
All glocks come off the same assembly line. Blue labels a little more selective/tighter inspections? 3 mags for regular and compact guns. 2 mags for the subcompacts. Also, the 3 mags are hi-cap, LE, mags (if an issue in your state). Also better priced.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My blue label G-22 is super awesome, way totaly better than any other ordinary Glock.

It has a BLUE label!
the 'BLACK' label ones are the best, rare and super hard to find, hand made, 12 produced a year, 1 per month...I have a couple of them:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
269 Posts
the 'BLACK' label ones are the best, rare and super hard to find, hand made, 12 produced a year, 1 per month...I have a couple of them:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:
Beg to differ.... the Gold label Glocks are the best. If you find a Glock with a gold label, Gaston Glock himself will give you a tour of the glock factory, and after the tour you get to take a ride in a flying glass elevator car. Only 7 were ever made. EVER.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed my recently new blue label G19 has an extended slide release out of the box vs my friend's new regular G19 that doesn't have it.

·
Super Moderator
20,036 Posts
One other difference for the Blue label guns; if you order a G34 or G35 through the LE/MIL/Homeland Defender program, it will come with a normal connector installed, not the lighter one shipped with the guns for commercial sale. These are intended as "duty guns", and as such, Glock will put the heavier connector in because they don't recommend the lighter connector for duty/defensive use.

·
Registered
9,986 Posts
Funny my last G-22 was a LEO trade in since the slide has the Sheriffs Department Logo and modified serial number on it, came in a box, wrapped in bubble wrap, with three LEO marked mags. No blue label box, but I found a new style (since its 3rd gen) clamshell box at the last funshow for it. So basically its a no label, shoots pretty good, anybody says it came off the production line to a higher tollerence than any other G-22 made that day is smoking Hookah, and spreading a new rumor, believe what you want, all Glocks are basically made the same, just shipped or accessorized from the factory differently some times.

·
Nagant-ophile
1,517 Posts
One other difference for the Blue label guns; if you order a G34 or G35 through the LE/MIL/Homeland Defender program, it will come with a normal connector installed, not the lighter one shipped with the guns for commercial sale. These are intended as "duty guns", and as such, Glock will put the heavier connector in because they don't recommend the lighter connector for duty/defensive use.
FWIW, I just bought a G34 LE Package through the GSSF deal and it came with a factory 4.5# connector (as indicated on the Blue Label itself). I believe you will get the 5.5# when in areas that REQUIRE the 5.5# - otherwise, the 4.5# is a possibility.

Also note, my G34 came with Fixed rear sight instead of the adjustable one - again, I am certain this is due to the LE policies.

·
Super Moderator
20,036 Posts
FWIW, I just bought a G34 LE Package through the GSSF deal and it came with a factory 4.5# connector (as indicated on the Blue Label itself). I believe you will get the 5.5# when in areas that REQUIRE the 5.5# - otherwise, the 4.5# is a possibility.

Also note, my G34 came with Fixed rear sight instead of the adjustable one - again, I am certain this is due to the LE policies.
Interesting. I wonder if they modified the old policy when they started identifying the lighter connector as a 4.5 lb vs. a 3.5 lb.

Thanks for the updated info!

·
NRA and GSSF Life Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got it with the 5.5# connector from LEO dealer

Thank you all for your input

·
Registered
784 Posts
I bought both G34 and G35 through the LEO program and both came with 4.5# connector. That is the standard, I believe, unless you specify that you want the heavier connector.

·
NRA and GSSF Life Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought both G34 and G35 through the LEO program and both came with 4.5# connector. That is the standard, I believe, unless you specify that you want the heavier connector.
Not sure I just look at the label and is 5.5
Maybe because is a G19

·
Banned
186 Posts
Beg to differ.... the Gold label Glocks are the best. If you find a Glock with a gold label, Gaston Glock himself will give you a tour of the glock factory, and after the tour you get to take a ride in a flying glass elevator car. Only 7 were ever made. EVER.

Thats if you can make it threw his "evil" Oompa Loompas talk about ak's, rpg's, and even a Bradley towards the end those Oompas will get you!!!

btw I am the original golden ticket ughhh I mean label holder and I gave it away after hearing about all the obstacles and those Oompas well needless to say the person I gave it too didn't make it to the elevator ride!!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Not sure I just look at the label and is 5.5
Maybe because is a G19
As far as I can recall the G34 and G35 are the only ones that come with 4.5# connector standard out of factory. Any other model will have the regular 5.5# installed whether blue label or not.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
As far as I can recall the G34 and G35 are the only ones that come with 4.5# connector standard out of factory. Any other model will have the regular 5.5# installed whether blue label or not.

My blue label 35, came through wih a 5.5 connector and fixed sights.

And no, there is nothing special about blue label guns that indicate that they have any special attention.

Outside of the 34/35 they are line for line identical to any other production sample within it's model.

The blue labels are simply a way of geting a reduced cost Glock into the hands of L.E. etc..

Simply a mater of price, inventory control and an extra magazine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Didn't know this and I'm close to getting one of these...

Thanks DJ!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts