close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blue Label G43 pricing?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by FiremanMike, Mar 18, 2015.

1. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

2. rotorwind

rotorwind

I heard $350 on another thread. Not sure if that's accurate. Hope so.

3. Vigilant

Vigilant

4. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT

G42 was ~ $320ish so I'd expect the G43 to be priced close to that, hopefully less than the standard $398 (for blue label). Stay tuned for official pricing in the meantime...

YMMV

5. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin

Also wondering here.

If someone that works day shift can check with Atlantic Tactical in the morning, my guess is they might have some idea, as they are one of the larger blue label distributers.

6. chip1wa

chip1wa

7. LongRifle75

LongRifle75

Im signing on. Id like to know this as well...............

8. GD2J

GD2J GoDirectly2Jail

A while back I picked up a Kahr PM9 though their firearms instructor purchase program, and while it's a great little gun I prefer a Glock trigger.

I might just give this a whirl if the price indeed turns out to be right.

9. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

$358 Blue label

10. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Finally, I get one right, again. I said they would release this after they sold a bunch of the G42's. I'll have one, at least to try it out.

11. Vigilant

Vigilant

Quick and dirty comparison, PM9 vs. G43. Both have polygonal rifling. CM9 has standard rifling, and typically sells for a bit less that the stated Blue Label price for the G43. PM9 is a bit pricey. The only advantage of the G43 that I can see from my perspective is the Glock trigger. Is that worth the extra length, width, height and weight? To some perhaps, but not to me.

Kahr PM9 G43

Barrel Length: 3.1 3.39
    Overall Length: 5.3 6.26
    Height: 4.0 4.25
    Width: .90 1.02
    Weight no mag: 14.0 16.19
    Empty mag wt.: 1.9 1.76

Edit: The cut and paste did not work quite right, but you can still see the comparison.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Which is what we've been asking for, for years.

I don't understand the comment.:dunno:

What did anybody think a Glock single-stack 9mm would be? Certainly not a single-stack version of a bigger model, which would defeat the whole purpose of making it slimmer.

We weren't asking for a single stack Glock to be smaller than a PM9, we were asking for a version of the PM9 that was not made by Kahr.

13. Vigilant

Vigilant

My point is that the only real benefit that I can see it offers over a PM9 or CM9 is the Glock trigger. 3/10 of an inch more barrel length should not make much of a difference in velocity. So the choice appears to be compact size and an unfamiliar trigger versus more size and weight for a Glock trigger.

14. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

I owned a pm9 for awhile, I was ok, but I didn't like what I perceived as being a high bore axis and I really hated that it was damn near impossible to strip the upper and clean the firing pin/channel. I followed all the instructions to a T and never got that thing apart.

15. Vigilant

Vigilant

Practice makes perfect on field stripping a PM9. It still takes me some time. This is the smallest handgun I own, and it fills a niche.

Although there are some other minor differences in dimensions, one thing to consider is the fact that the specs show a difference in width of the G43 vs. the G26 of 1.02 inches vs. 1.18. That comes out to .16 inch more width for the G26 with height and overall length being close to the same either way. As most of us know, there are a lot of benefits to be had with the G26 or its .40 and .357 Sig counterparts, for only .16 inch more width.

16. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Yeah, I'm not 100% on this gun tbh. I think I might wait until I can hold it first..

17. mntrpr

mntrpr

I just ordered one and paid 358 + tax.

18. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Well, it's got one thing going for it, that Kahr doesn't:

It's not a Kahr. Or a Kel-tec. Or any other lower tiered handgun. It's a Glock, with all the quality the name implies.

Yes, I'm a snob - I admit it. The "cheapest" guns I have are a pair of Taurus revolvers that have less than one hundred rounds through either of them. I have a 44SS6 that I deer hunt with, and it might get shot two-three times per year. The other is a Tracker .357 that I rarely shoot. Last time it went "bang" was nearly five years ago. I used it for deer hunting, since I had a broken wrist, and couldn't use the other revolver. Dropped a buck at 30 yards, with an offhand unsupported shot.

They work fine, for what I need. For carry guns, I prefer something with a bit more of established quality behind it. Before being hired at my agency, I carried a Colt Officer's Model (Lightweight). I now carry a Gen4 G17 daily. When I retire, I'll probably stick with my Glocks, as I've gotten quite accustomed to them over the years. I've been a Glock armorer for about a dozen of those years, and own six Glocks at the moment. Not a lot, but all I "need" right now.

Thought about a 42, but I'm not a .380 fan. More power to those who are, though. Just pick a good gun!

19. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

They give you an ETA?

20. Vigilant

Vigilant

No offense taken, but I would not consider Kahr to be a 'lower tiered handgun'. As I said, the PM9 fills a niche for me, when I need something compact and light. The vast majority of the time, I pocket carry an M&P 9C. To each their own.