Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at Glock's page for the Blue Label program and I see that EMT's, paramedics, and volunteer firefighters all qualify for the program. Would/Should CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) members qualify as well?

Here is some more information on the CERT program for those of you that are unaware.

http://www.fema.gov/community-emergency-response-teams

Essentially, they step in to help police/fire/ems in disaster situations. I think that since they essentially serve as hands on support for police, fire, and ems they should qualify. What do you think?

I already emailed Glock to see their opinion, I'll post a response when I get one.

·
Registered
999 Posts
My guess would be no. Join GSSF and you can buy a blue label.
Also looks you live in Jersey, so won't you be limited in mag capacity?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

·
"Old Bill"
2,678 Posts
Not on the approved Glock list so no, surely?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I feel pretty certain that Glock will say no because the program is geared toward military and first responders.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
I would guess no also.

·
US Army Retired
713 Posts
I am in our local CERT group.
Would have to answer NO to the OPs question.
Considering that the approved method for dealing with a vicious dog is to avert your eyes and lick your lips(!), the FEMA stance is pretty obvious. Right up there with attacking an active shooter with scissors.
Blue Label appears to be specifically focused on LEO/military/first responders.
Being retired Army, however, I plan on getting a Blue Label G34 soon.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
I am guessing that Air Raid Marshalls also would not qualify...

·
Registered
23 Posts
CERT Member (Inactive) and Volunteer Firefighter here.

CERT is a great program, but no, it is not even close to the same as what EMTs, Paramedics and Firefighters do.

Although CERT training gives you a great basic skill set the training of the latter is light years beyond and takes MANY MANY more hours.

EMTs, Paramedics and Volunteer Firefighters can and do get called to duty on a daily basis, we respond to dangerous life threatening situations all the time.

CERT members generally provide assistance with parades and public events and such but do not respond to emergency scenes on a regular basis.

I respect CERT members for their willingness, but in general CERT members are still considered Lay responders, as opposed to the others you mentioned which would be considered professional responders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts