Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I currently have a g19.5mos, 43xmos, and G34.5mos. The g34 is "gucci" with a milled slide that I use in uspsa
Photograph White Black Grey Trigger

I have a blue label coupon from joining gssf for the armorers class and I can't decide what to use it on. I'm torn between 19x, 17mos, and another g34mos.

The gun would become my SHTF gun so it will stay OEM minus a trigger and get a trijicon rmr and some type of streamlight.

My reservation on the 19x is it feels expensive even with blue label and I'd need to get it milled for an rmr. I do like the fde. I have no interest in the 45 as part of the reason I'm into the 19x is because of the military submission and fde color.

I'd say right now I'm leaning towards the 17 or 34. I love my glock 34 and kinda want to see how an oem one feels.

The 17mos is the most affordable of the 3 coming in under 500 with the blue label coupon.

So what do you guys think?

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do any local shops have these in stock? I ordered two blue label guns in Jan, a 34 MOS and 19 MOS. I went to the shop last week to see why they are still not in. I was told Glock is not releasing very many blue labels, they are trying to fill regular orders.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Get the original 17. The peanut butter 19X gives you nothing of importance for what you are wanting for.
The gun would become my SHTF gun so it will stay OEM minus a trigger and get a trijicon rmr and some type of streamlight.
That's not staying OEM. You are talking about a home defense, SD, SHTF weapon so why bother modding it with the garbage?

Not to mention if you ever had to use it on someone in a defensive scenario, all those great wonderful must have mods will immediately become accessories of mass death, negligence and wrongful death in a court of law, so lots of luck explaining it to a prosecutor. And that's just what you get to look forward to provided you can even get the thing to work in self defense.

·
Mr. Awesome
12,084 Posts
The drawback to the G19X is you’ll have to have the slide milled, for an optic. Otherwise, it checks a lot of boxes, but you can do very similar with a G45 and some parts swaps. Why wasn’t the G45 on your list? I prefer the G45 over the G17. There are many recent threads in discussion of these models.

I was at GT Distributors, yesterday. They are having a hard time getting MOS models in stock. If you find one you want, you might grab it.

Reactions: indivi

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
How much do you use your current G34 and would you use another one just as much?

Are you wanting something a little different?

I'm not up to date on all the GSSF rules or how the MOS version fit in. If you really like the G34 get another one. If you want something a little different then go with the G17

·
Registered
93 Posts
G34.5 MOS. This is my entire family's favorite currently. We have tried G19C.3, G34.4, G17.5 MOS and the current G34. The recoil is so much more manageable on it than even the G17. I am thinking about trading the G17 towards another G34, so we don't have to pass the holster around at comps.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I too have a coupon, yet nothing I want is currently available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts