Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the reloading game. I am curious if anyone is using Blue Bullets with their reloads and shooting them with a Glock? Seems to me that running reloads through a Glock was a huge no-no.

Before dinking up my G19, 45, or 43x, I wanted to check.

Thanks,

·
Registered
35,698 Posts
They will be fine in a glock. The no reloads is a cya for dummies that blow up guns. I shoot about 8k relads a year thru various glocks. Mostly with coated lead bullets like BB.

·
Consummate Reloader
1,334 Posts
I tried Blue Bullets a few years ago. They didn't satisfy me and I had smurf fingers. Obviously some people like them.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I use BB in 45 auto (HK, Glock) and I use the BB .357/125 round nose in 9mm and 357 Magnum.
Very satisfied.

·
Brass picker
653 Posts
I just completed shooting 1300 115gn RN blue Bullets through my G19 and a CZ P10c with zero problems. i keep velocities around 1050-1100 fps and get great accuracy and am very satisfied. by the way if you get blue fingers...it washes right off.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
just send all your unwanted reloads and I'll test them in my glock !

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am not impressed with BB. Especially 9mm RN. The nose profile is all wrong. When you seat the bullet it has to go to a OAL of 1.100 or less just to case check in a gen 5 9mm chamber. My normal Xtreme plated RN's are seated to 1.150. I personally feel the shorter 1.100 is excessive and may cause pressure issues with reloaded cases I use from the range. My 2nd big thing with coated bullets in general is storage. When you reload coated bullets and do not utilize them right away, your powder will etch away at the coating. Some of you charge may become contaminated and inert. Possibly causing a squib, or poor performance in general. If you have ever left powder in a powder hopper to long most of you probably have seen the effects powder has on plastic. On a positive note they are very affordable but shipping times are still extended! I will just stick with my copper plated xtreme bullets. On a side not I have many friends who load and shoot BB and are very happy!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I am not impressed with BB. Especially 9mm RN. The nose profile is all wrong. When you seat the bullet it has to go to a OAL of 1.100 or less just to case check in a gen 5 9mm chamber.
Early gen5's had very short throats.

When you reload coated bullets and do not utilize them right away, your powder will etch away at the coating. Some of you charge may become contaminated and inert. Possibly causing a squib, or poor performance in general.
That's a new one me. Yes, it will stain the hopper, but about every powder is shipped in plastic bottles. If it was a problem, I would think we'd still be getting powder in metal cans.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not impressed with BB. Especially 9mm RN. The nose profile is all wrong. When you seat the bullet it has to go to a OAL of 1.100 or less just to case check in a gen 5 9mm chamber. My normal Xtreme plated RN's are seated to 1.150. I personally feel the shorter 1.100 is excessive and may cause pressure issues with reloaded cases I use from the range. My 2nd big thing with coated bullets in general is storage. When you reload coated bullets and do not utilize them right away, your powder will etch away at the coating. Some of you charge may become contaminated and inert. Possibly causing a squib, or poor performance in general. If you have ever left powder in a powder hopper to long most of you probably have seen the effects powder has on plastic. On a positive note they are very affordable but shipping times are still extended! I will just stick with my copper plated xtreme bullets. On a side not I have many friends who load and shoot BB and are very happy!
Interesting. Mine were a lot longer and had no issues in my Gen 5 19 MOS. I ran a few through and wanted to check on here that they are gtg.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Interesting. Mine were a lot longer and had no issues in my Gen 5 19 MOS. I ran a few through and wanted to check on here that they are gtg.
I don't know when or if somebody has a serial number range, buy early gen5's were a PITA with some bullets. Brazos's 124gr. RN uses a ogive probably like Blue bullets. I had a early G19 that I had to run them rather short (I forget what) to chamber. I couldn't even use Brazos's 147gr. RN's! 147gr. FP's loaded fine.
I traded that G19 off. 2019 I bought a new gen5 G34. It will swallow anything!

Reactions: Greg Snyder

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah... and if the OP did that, you'd be okay with a double or a squib here and there?
Interesting assumption. I might be new, but not a moron. I asked because I’m anal and the threading of Glock barrels is different and specifically talks about reloading. Unlike you (apparently), I like to garner information before leaping. Sure, things happen with reloads - they do with factory ammo too.

However, nothing in my post indicates my reloads are better (or worse) than any others. It’s amazing how many experts are out there in all topics on message boards.

I can’t help but wonder if a new reloader (like me) is perhaps more anal and cautious than a more experienced one?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Interesting assumption. I might be new, but not a moron. I asked because I’m anal and the threading of Glock barrels is different and specifically talks about reloading. Unlike you (apparently), I like to garner information before leaping. Sure, things happen with reloads - they do with factory ammo too.

However, nothing in my post indicates my reloads are better (or worse) than any others. It’s amazing how many experts are out there in all topics on message boards.

I can’t help but wonder if a new reloader (like me) is perhaps more anal and cautious than a more experienced one?
I would say all SARDG was implying was the old unwritten reloaders creed "don't trust another reloaders reloads". If I were given a bag of someone else's reloads, I'd pull them for the primed brass and bullets. If I'm going to blow up a gun with reloads, they'll be mine and only me to blame.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would say all SARDG was implying was the old unwritten reloaders creed "don't trust another reloaders reloads". If I were given a bag of someone else's reloads, I'd pull them for the primed brass and bullets. If I'm going to blow up a gun with reloads, they'll be mine and only me to blame.
That makes sense! I’d take the brass too... wasn’t sure what he was thinking. I am new for sure, and moving like a turtle when make them.

·
emeritus
3,665 Posts
That makes sense! I’d take the brass too... wasn’t sure what he was thinking. I am new for sure, and moving like a turtle when make them.
Pssssssttt... She.

I'm a newer reloader and pretty meticulous myself but will only let my wife shoot my reloads.

I agree with you that it would take a next level professional grade moron to double charge on an auto-indexing press but not everyone loads on such a press.

Of more concern to me, being a newer reloader, is overlooking something important because I didn't know it was important. Safety goes farther than being careful while operating the press. Read and ask a lot of questions. The guys (and gal) on this forum are top notch. Listen to them and keep feeling in check.

·
Registered
I buy and use guns for self protection only.
1,325 Posts
I have been shooting Glocks for well over 20 years and not once did I ever use any type of reloads and never even once did I have any problems! Yes it is highly recommended that you do not shoot reloads! Maybe it would be OK, If you were doing the Reloads.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I have been shooting Glocks for well over 20 years and not once did I ever use any type of reloads and never even once did I have any problems! Yes it is highly recommended that you do not shoot reloads! Maybe it would be OK, If you were doing the Reloads.
Well, I don't know about that. Glocks may live for a long time, but I doubt they're immortal.
My Glocks will out live me, but I was referring to the internet lore of "you can't shoot reloads in a Glock". It needs to die.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts