close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blood Pressure Spikes

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JuneyBooney, Feb 20, 2012.

1. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Well, I wondered if any of you guys/gals get bp spikes when under lots of stress. My bp last night when at the horsepital was 175/110 and I have been really concerned about my eyes and overall stressed to the limit. Should I go get treated for high bp or wait a few days and see if it back to normal after my ye heals?

2. Detectorist

Detectorist

Of course you should get treated. Didn't you see a Doctor at the hospital?

High blood pressure can kill you quickly or slow. Get it treated now b4 you lose your kidneys.

3. *ASH*

*ASH* RRRDS

well theres your problem you were at a horsepital .ofcourse your bp would be different .:rofl::supergrin::wavey::wavey::wavey:

4. fgutie35

fgutie35

Three days ago, my wife and I overslept past the alarm clock. When my wife finally wakes up, she yells the time at me while shaking my arm. My BP shoot up so high that I instantly got a unbearable head acke. By lunch time, I came home to check my pressure and it was 174/112. For the first time, I got scare cause Imwas alone at home and I feared to drop dead at any minute or bust an artery. I quickly researched online for a domestic way to lower the pressure, and found grapes ans chamomille tea are good, so ran to the store and bought a pound of grapes and ate them on my way back to work. By the afternoon, I felt better. Pressure still kind of high, but I know is only going to go down with diet. One thing for sure, stay away from coffee.

5. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

That was what the doc told me. At my regular checkups my bp is normal.

6. Detectorist

Detectorist

You, too, need to see a Doctor.

7. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I think I have had too much caffeine lately. Then I have to get enough rest and try some grapes and other things. Then I will ask my doc what he thinks next week or so.

8. grecco

grecco

I suggest you see a Cardiologist ASAP.
    Do not waste time.

9. Royo

Royo BCPD

This is what I am going to tell you , YOU NEED TO SEE DOCTOR RIGHT NOW ! It does not matter if you have had too much caffine or not your blood pressure is dangerously high . You are running the risk of a heart attack or a stroke. IT does not matter your health or fitness level buddy . YOU HAVE HYPERTENSION and it neeeds to be looked at right now .

10. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Get it second checked by your doc.

I take mine literally every day. If my arm is too bent, I can make it 140/80. Three minutes later I straighten my arm out and make it 105/50. There are a lot of ways to screw with a reading. Too much salt one day will make it (for me) 135/80 but the next day it's 125/70.

See your doc. Bring a BP machine from CVS or Sam's and ask them to walk you through how to take your own BP. Take it once a week or so. It's severely cheap insurance to catch something before it gets away from you.

11. dango

dango

You are right! My pressure once spiked at 147 and I was hospitalized. Listen,life is too preciuos.See a doctor! Did we scare you ? I hope so !!!!

12. 220-9er

220-9er

You wouldn't go to your doctor to get an answer to a question about your Glock. Why do people ask serious medical questions here, on a gun forum, when it is clear to everybody they need to seek medical help ASAP?
    GO TO A DOCTOR TODAY!!!

13. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Well, most of the time a doc is not needed and we have a diverse membership on GT. BP was normal today.

14. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I have had two bp machines for years but could not find either the other day. :rofl: So today the bp was normal at 120/80 and the doc told me to buy a new machine since I could not fin mine and make a chart so we can see if my bp is high or not. Doc told me that they did not want me on meds I don't need. I was eating a lot of ham and I was upset by the horsepital and doc told me that I have a serious sinus infection that could put my pressure up. But I appreciate everyone's concern. Thanks:supergrin:

15. IlliniGlocker

IlliniGlocker

Suddenly, my 135/75 doesn't sound so bad.

16. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

I brought mine to my doc's office just to prove HE gave me high blood pressure.

Took it before walking in = normal

Let the nurse take it = high

Repeat with my cuff in front of nurse = high

17. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

While I was working, I was of the opinion that work was going to kill me. I was very busy all the time. The first time they had a "health fair" during lunch, I decided to see what the company was doing to me. Turns out my BP was fine. I bought a BP monitor and started checking mine at various times, and found that my BP was the highest of all just after the commute. Turns out the driving was killing me.

Spikes like that are serious.

18. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

All that proves is that you have a shining for the nurse. Pervert!:tongueout:

19. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

The nurse today was butt ugly for me. I guess that was what helped me. :rofl:

20. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

That is normal. :supergrin: