21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Pinky Out
59,461 Posts
ChuteTheMall is thirsty like Hannie.

·
Registered
25,185 Posts
When I had a drivers license that said I was 18 - born 4/20/1958 becomes 4/20/1956 pretty easily -

I would leave South Dakota and drive over to Iowa - which legally sold booze to anyone 18+

The disco thing was pretty hot back in 74-75. Me and a couple buds would drive over on Thursday - buy a trunk load of booze and "hi-point beer" - to sell to other 16 year olds - then hit ladies night at Papa's Disco!

Just crazy times - they had a disco ball & dance floor and also a mechanical bull.

One night one of my best friends was in a booth with a "girl" -- making out big time -- I go to the bar to get a round of drinks and the bartender asks me if my friend - motions over to the booth is gay. I say hell no - why would you ask that?

He says because the person he is kissing is a dude!

I ask him - really - looks like a woman - nope he comes in here all the time --

So I go over to the both and try and get him to come back and have a drink - he says not now - f off - so I figure at least I tried.

I go tell my other friends what is going on and they can't believe it - one says he saw her and NO WAY that is a dude.

One guys tries to go talk to him and he tells him to f off too and then leaves with "her"

I was driving - so I catch up to him and ask if he still wants a ride home (40 miles) he says to not worry about it - and walks away with his new girl.

About 15 minutes later he comes back into the disco - the look on his face was priceless -

He makes up a story - but after about 5 more drinks he spills the beans -

He got to her car - got her pants off and found a surprise he was not expecting -

·
Wolverine
9,376 Posts
When I had a drivers license that said I was 18 - born 4/20/1958 becomes 4/20/1956 pretty easily -

I would leave South Dakota and drive over to Iowa - which legally sold booze to anyone 18+

The disco thing was pretty hot back in 74-75. Me and a couple buds would drive over on Thursday - buy a trunk load of booze and "hi-point beer" - to sell to other 16 year olds - then hit ladies night at Papa's Disco!

Just crazy times - they had a disco ball & dance floor and also a mechanical bull.

One night one of my best friends was in a booth with a "girl" -- making out big time -- I go to the bar to get a round of drinks and the bartender asks me if my friend - motions over to the booth is gay. I say hell no - why would you ask that?

He says because the person he is kissing is a dude!

I ask him - really - looks like a woman - nope he comes in here all the time --

So I go over to the both and try and get him to come back and have a drink - he says not now - f off - so I figure at least I tried.

I go tell my other friends what is going on and they can't believe it - one says he saw her and NO WAY that is a dude.

One guys tries to go talk to him and he tells him to f off too and then leaves with "her"

I was driving - so I catch up to him and ask if he still wants a ride home (40 miles) he says to not worry about it - and walks away with his new girl.

About 15 minutes later he comes back into the disco - the look on his face was priceless -

He makes up a story - but after about 5 more drinks he spills the beans -

He got to her car - got her pants off and found a surprise he was not expecting -
“Blaming it all, on the nights On Broadway”

·
Registered
15,411 Posts

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,276 Posts
Nope, it's gotta be "HAWKWIND" the ultimate "Space Rockers" been around since the 60s and probably 50 albums out. Think of Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and Uriah Heap rolled into one. Lemmy(Motorhead) started out with Hawkwind and Ginger Baker played with them back in the 70s.
image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png
<Lemmy
image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png
<in 2019.
And like hey they watch out for dogs in the UK
image.png
Well that's it, later.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Blondie- all good in my book.
BeeGees- lamest sqealler to ever lamed-up the airwaves! That voice actually hurts my ears. Awful. I know they are way-gold-platinum, but for me just torturous!

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
Neither.

·
Firm member
30,023 Posts
Nope, it's gotta be "HAWKWIND" the ultimate "Space Rockers" been around since the 60s and probably 50 albums out. Think of Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and Uriah Heap rolled into one. Lemmy(Motorhead) started out with Hawkwind and Ginger Baker played with them back in the 70s.
View attachment 873968 View attachment 873970

View attachment 873972 View attachment 873974 <Lemmy
View attachment 873976 View attachment 873982
View attachment 873984 View attachment 873978 <in 2019.
And like hey they watch out for dogs in the UK View attachment 873980 Well that's it, later.
"Psy Power" in any version is still one of my favorite songs. HH

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
Bee Gees. I don't really know why.

·
Registered
20,497 Posts
Next thing you'll be asking about bananarama

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
20,497 Posts
Or Amazulu and the Tom Tom Club. HH
What's scary is I mentioned all of these to our young officers. They had never heard of them. Pulled up youtube videos and they looked at them in horror :rofl:

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Blonde.

The Bee Gees never played CBGB.

The best thing about Discos were the back rooms where they played punk, techno and other alternative music. That’s where the cool girls were. But the snotty brats on the disco floor. Back rooms is where the real fun was.

·
AK-74
1,993 Posts
Warren Zevon.

Roland headless Thompson gunner.

Send Lawyers Guns And money,

and all the rest. the Model 29 sitting on the dinner plate was different....played that tape for hours.

Along with this ......
the-doors-the-end.jpg

·
Firm member
30,023 Posts
What's scary is I mentioned all of these to our young officers. They had never heard of them. Pulled up youtube videos and they looked at them in horror :rofl:
Show them original The Runaways videos. They'll probably wet themselves. HH

21 - 40 of 77 Posts