#BLM?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JMS, Aug 20, 2015.

1. JMS

JMS 02

We hit 211 homicides this year in Baltimore! Almost averaging 1 a day, possibly hit 365 for the end of the year? Baltimore is the city that bleeds.

2. ray9898

ray9898

The inner city community must make their choice. They can see the cops enforcing the law in their communities which obviously means arresting black residents as necessary to manage crime which targets that same community or like they do now as some form of opression. When the oppressors pull back there are consequences mainly for the potential victims.

3. JMS

JMS 02

4. MajJamesMcFarlane

MajJamesMcFarlane

It's not an all or nothing deal, the purpose of the police is to protect the public, not be law robots. Arresting a rapist means one less rapist on the streets, arresting a drug dealer creates a new job opening. Do you not find it funny that the vast majority of the prison population is poor and black or brown? Do you really think they just hurt people at drastically higher rates than whites?

5. Patchman

Patchman Florist

The community has spoken and the local politicians are aboard. It's really only the media, with their "if it bleeds, it leads" attitude and gun agendas, that's pushing the shootings/killings. Without the media's push, it's not a real concern to anybody else.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  6. Patchman

Patchman Florist

The NY Times did an article a few years ago where they found that in NYC, of all crime victims/witnesses/video that described the assailants, something like 75-percent of the assailants were described as blacks.

Does this correlate with the experiences of the rest of the country? I know that Obama and his police force want everyone to believe that all races commit crimes proportional to their population. This would be first step before emptying out prisons, on the basis that the prison population must be proportional to their general population.

Unfortunately, the NY Times realized very quickly that the content of that article was not politically correct, and took the entire article off their website (or at least, I can't find it). I wish I have a link to it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  7. ray9898

ray9898

No I don't find anything funny about it. Look at the violent crime rates as compared per capita. It gives you the exact reason blacks are overrepresented in prison when compared to their population percentage.

Simply, crimes aren't proportional by race in this country, not even close. If 3% of the population commits 50% of the crime then the prison stats will more closely resemble the crime rate over the population percent.