BLM Activist in "Justice for Breonna Taylor" T-shirt kills 3 in bar owned by retired police officer

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Bren, Sep 20, 2020.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK

It's a shame when a person has to have one hand on the grip all the time but it's coming to that. Especially if anyone or anything looks out of the ordinary. Apparently even if they look to be looking.

Sent from my Stupid Phone

Jan R Whitaker and ExecutiveWill like this.
  2. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

Not going into bars is a good first step in avoiding mental cases, social/political terrorists, drug addicts, violent criminals and angry husbands who are determined to shoot or stab somebody.

The time has come for everybody to diligently avoid the places where crimes are more likely to happen. We've known about 'situational awareness' for decades, but not everybody wants to put safety above freedom to go anywhere at any time.

3. kyjd75

kyjd75

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I agree. It's not a Quantavius, but still not a likely white guy name.

5. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

6. Sharkey

Sharkey

There is evil among citizens. You don't reason with it, you don't capitulate with it, you sure don't release them back into society. You KILL it not out of some sense of revenge but for the good of a civil society. Criminals don't think like normal folks. No drugs are needed, no gun must be obtained illegally for an evil person to commit mayhem.

7. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Thanks for the follow up. I glanced at the headline this morning and figured it was just another ghetto shooting at a West end dive.

kahrcarrier likes this.
  8. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Thanks Democrats.

Mugsie1, GlockPride and Deltic like this.
  9. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

The blood is on the hands of the Democrat party and the liberal media.

If you have a CCW, carry and be ready. I do.

10. as400guy1

as400guy1

Will be declared a hero by blm. Dems/leftists/never-trumpers will kneel in his honor.
    DA will not prosecute.
    Family will sue the bar.

Caver 60 and billy_56081 like this.
  11. jack76590

jack76590

My guess is one of the employees made him leave the bar at some time in recent past. May not have been a big incident but guy ejected felt he needed revenge as he was dissed. The bad guy just shot everyone at the table regardless of their involvement.

12. nutsnax

nutsnax

This was clearly a peaceful bar shooting.

You racists and bigots need to stop with your hate.

13. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

" One of the victims was the fiancé of the bar manager and all three of the men worked together.

All three victims worked together according to the one link.

Workplace violence not at work when it happened maybe.

IamtheNRA likes this.
  14. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

It's Monday and more of the people I know will be working. At one point, I knew almost all the beat cops in the 7th division, where this occurred. Now, the department is so young, I might be lucky to know one or two. Hell, the division boss was Major Kim Burbrink (she moved elsewhere, IIRC), and I've known her since she was a rookie.

Due to attrition caused by a number of factors, my connections are quickly fading. Most of the officers I know are retiring, many others moved to neighboring departments (because LMPD sucks to work for), and some just quit. Even in my old agency, it's bad. I might know less than half of the 400 officers, and out of those, only a handful have more than a decade on.

I'll text a couple of folks this morning and see what the news isn't saying.

kahrcarrier likes this.
  15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I expect that's exactly what the Courier-Journal wanted you to think when they made a decision to downplay it. Goes against their agenda.

sas-G19, Caver 60 and kahrcarrier like this.
  16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Well, I found the story on the internet in French, this morning, so we can be sure it's true now.
    3 morts après qu’un homme armé portant un t-shirt « avec le slogan BLM » se soit lancé dans une fusillade « totalement aléatoire » dans le Kentucky

A more recent version:
    "The slaying did not appear to be racially motivated. Rhynes Jr is black, and he killed two white men and a black man. Yet as rumors circulated that Rhynes Jr was wearing a ‘Justice for Breonna Taylor’ t-shirt, some commenters online accused the national media of ignoring the story for ideological reasons."

Of course, that assumes that he deliberately aimed at those 3 and hit who he was aiming at. That's a leap of faith, when city folks are shooting.

3 dead after gunman wearing t-shirt ‘with BLM slogan’ goes on ‘totally random’ shooting spree in Kentucky

Caver 60 and HarlDane like this.
  17. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

Per one of my buddies this morning:
    Yes, hate crime.

No, likely won't be prosecuted as such.*

Yes, one victim was black. Apparently, he's a guy that would have certain labels attached to him by those less gifted or motivated. Good dude, in other words.

The bar is a kind of "Cheers" type of place that attracts an older.and calmer crowd. It's always busy and this is the first trouble I've ever heard of at the place. I remember when it opened and would drive by it daily on my way to/from work. When I worked midwatch, the place was always busy when I came home, but calm and not rowdy. Just a good neighborhood hang out.

I'll find out more later, but it doesn't seem the shooter is from around the area. This happened in what is known as Fern Creek, which is decent, but the signs of decline are steadily becoming more clear. It's one of several reasons we moved - as I mentioned, we lived about a mile from this bar.

Suspect was caught across the street, indicating to me that he didn't know the area and may have even been on foot to begin with. I dunno for sure about that, but the lack of a car is concerning. Doesn't make much sense to plan a targeted attack and not at least have a car. The interstate (I-265) is 30-45 seconds from the bar and one could literally be out of the county in 10 minutes from there...at the least, in a different police division in three minutes and back in the hood in 10-15. I do wonder where he lives...will find out in a bit. Will be interesting to see.

* This is nothing new in Jefferson County. My running joke for the last third of my career was that you could get caught on video shooting a guy while raping a sheep, and the courts would give you HIP (house arrest) as a sentence. At one point, we had around three dozen people on HIP while awaiting murder trials. Judges routinely violate state law when placing people on HIP and real punishment for criminals is a dream that will never turn into reality in that county. So, in this case, there's no Soros- purchased conspiracy, just business as usual. Trust me, lol...I have more than enough experience in the courts there.

willie_pete, AGF0526 and Caver 60 like this.
  18. Will Rudy

Will Rudy

A terrorist walked into a bar....
    what could go wrong?

19. as400guy1

as400guy1

His visit to the bar was mostly peaceful.

Caver 60 likes this.
  20. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

No different than middle eastern terrotist. Blather on about maltreatment, attract a bunch of unhinged softheads, let them do your dirty work. The problem, is that good people roll over instead of fighting back.

mj9mm, IamtheNRA and Caver 60 like this.