Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On May 16, 1981, I was delivered from Alcohol and chemical abuse. I didn't possess the tools to make those changes myself, but a Power greater than myself and with help from many caring people, my life was changed completely!

There's not a bit of "Hooray for me!" in my mind. The attitude here is one of gratitude and feeling pretty amazed at how this long journey played out.

There's a 39 year "Chip" to carry every day for the next year to remember where I came from!

Flash

·
Registered
27,088 Posts
Congratulations!!

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
Congratulations--keep up the good work.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Mentally Frozen
28,564 Posts
Congrats and am happy for you.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
That's great!

Always wondered why people would choose to experience the world and their life through a skewed perspective, you only get one walk-thru, why not see it, as it really is?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Congrats and keep up the good fight.
I am Five years off Cigs. I know it is nothing compared to you, but it was a hard fight for me. Living with our daughter right now, and she smokes. It is hard every day to see that Pack laying there, and not pick one up.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Well done sir. That is quite an achievement and you should be proud.

·
tabula rasa
496 Posts
On May 16, 1981, I was delivered from Alcohol and chemical abuse. I didn't posses the tools to make those changes myself, but a Power greater than myself and with help from many caring people, my life was changed completely!

There's not a bit of "Hooray for me!" in my mind. The attitude here is one of gratitude and feeling pretty amazed at how this long journey played out.

There's a 39 year "Chip" to carry every day for the next year to remember where I came from!

This is the best post I have read on Glock Talk.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts